TAC 15i limbs

I have been keeping a close eye on my limbs. I had the bow replaced earlier this season do to the cocking mechanism, and have only around 100 to 120 shots. I just wanted to state that twice, and not consecutively, I have heard an almost craclkling sound while cocking the xbow. This was not the sound of the nocking sled as I know what that sounds like from my previous issues. I am worried that the crackling sound is a limb.

I have had this issue twice with my TAC 15. The first time was one week before last year's archery season. I got it back from repair a couple of weeks later and wound up shooting a doe with it.

The second time was last Friday -- one day before the archery season here in PA. Sounds like I may have to wait up to three weeks before I get it back this time.

Probably had about 150-200 shots on it before the first failure. Probably another 100-150 until the next one.

X2gun)

Anything is possible and I can't tell you that you do or don' have a problem with your limbs because you've had problems before, but I can tell you that I've had similar type sounds several times that came from my TAC15i, but it never turned out to be a limb problem.

When I would get these sounds once in a great while, I always figured that whatever was causing the sounds, I couldn't find any cracks or d-lamination problems, so I would just keep shooting without a break.

My assumption was that I had a years warranty from the manufacturer, so I would push the crossbow until something actually broke, otherwise it wasn't really a problem. I put over 3,000 shots on my crossbow and still haven't had any breakdowns.

I've worn out an arrow rest or two and replaced my string stop bumpers once, but otherwise I've had no real problems with the crossbow.

Regards,

Jon

I'm sorry to hear about the frustrations some TAC owners have had. We've sold and serviced more TAC's than any dealer and the percentage of bows we've seen with serious problems has been extremely small.

With that said, I know how frustrating it can be to have a failure happen at any time, but especially during the hunting season.

Because we sell so many TAC's, we try to inventory any-and-all parts that might need to be replaced - including limbs - so that we can get our customers' bows fixed up and back to them very quickly.

We typically ask our customers to pay the shipping to us and then we take care of the rest, including return shipping. We do everything we can to make sure we can get the bow fixed and headed back home the same day we receive it. Often I'm able to work with the customer to only ship part of their bow to help keep the shipping cost down.

If any TAC owners who didn't buy their bow from us run into a problem getting their bow repaired in a timely fashion - feel free to give us a call. If you're up for paying the shipping both ways, we'll provide the warranty parts and service work and get your bow back up and running and home in a hurry.

Unfortunately, we'll need to charge a bit for the labor of replacing limbs since it's pretty time consuming, but the good news is that we always have them in stock and have the experience to do a good job.

Andy Backus
Long Range Hunting Online Store
920-376-2010

Hi Andy,
Thanks for reenforcing your policy and insuring customers about your service commitments.

Yesterday, I just a new customer to your website and to the e-bay adds. He's already made up his mind to buy a TAC15, but was looking for recommendations on who the best dealer in the US would be to buy from.

He was a member of Crossbow Nation's website, so I suggested that he get in touch with you or Len. I can't give you his real name because everything is alias based on their website, so his real name stays masked.

It's this type of service and support that continues to be customer loyalty.

Keep up the good work!

Regards,

Jon

Well third set in 6 months will be a charm........when my tac15 limbs are not broke....it shoots unreal.......I just don't get to try it enough befor the limbs start sheering off....pse needs to get some Middleton limbs I guess......gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.