T3 light tactical E-Tac3

ejg

T3 stainless re-barrelled with a 3 groove lilja 1/13 F/TR cut to 22". Duracoated tac black. New E-Tac3 carbon stock, first one out the mould made extremely light by my son. Including full length bedding, steel lug, recoil pad and adjustable cheek only 28 oz. Hand made single roving carbon bolt knob.

DSCN2519_zps16sjyjsn.jpg

DSCN2514_zpsqs159op5.jpg

DSCN2557_zps5ytdrdtv.jpg

DSCN2570_zpsri7tsltr.jpg

168 A-max Sika yearling.
DSCN2576_zps3jzu223z.jpg

edi

You made that stock?!

We have a small company making composite rifle stocks since about 7 years but don't export to the US at the moment. I was involved in composites for almost 40 years but hunt longer :D. This particular stock took three years to get off the ground as it was fairly complex being a monocoque structure with inner carbon frame, outer carbon shell, carbon pillars fully inlet in one wet in wet moulding.
Next I will fit an AI mag system to my rifle and S&B is getting us one of their new ultra short PMII's to try as this would make a lovely light weight 800m setup. Just right for the rest of our deer cull season.
Just not sure if I shouldn't chop the barrel at 18"?
edi

Very nice work as always Edi.
I am sure you will gain more than you will loose by chopping it to 18" if you know what I mean.
168grn bullet in a short barrel should be good to 600m +. Depending on what you shoot at beyond that might be pushing it.

Very nice work as always Edi.
I am sure you will gain more than you will loose by chopping it to 18" if you know what I mean.
168grn bullet in a short barrel should be good to 600m +. Depending on what you shoot at beyond that might be pushing it.

Thanks,
my last 308 that I recently sold shot quite well out to just under 1000yds with 168 A-max and 20" Bartlein Palma barrel.
must do a bit of testing now, also with 155 a-max ....if it would only stop raining.....
edi

After taking a few deer between 130m and 380m it's time for the next step. AI type Mag system fitted and bedded (field strippable fit). 3 position Safety made in Bavaria by ASH. The T3 is growing on me.

E3%20lh_zpsr7rhlyxt.jpg

DSCN2627_zpsto9zs5yu.jpg

E-Tac3%20ASH%20safety%203%20pos_zpspzvw9m9i.jpg

edi

That sure is nice. I just recently got my first Tikka, havent shot it yet. T3 7 saum, brux sense do contour barrel. Bought it off a guy on this forum, I was told the rifle can shoot.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.