Swarovski x5i HELP

Jessepolky

Gday from Australia guys , I'm new to the forum . Some Awsome info on here , I love it!

I need some help iv just got myself a Swarovski x5i 5-25x56 scope that's on my 300 rum , the scope is Awsome I can't fault it ,been running it for afew weeks now however the lower ring on the bottom of the top turret that has the zero indicator is moving side to side which is not giving me a true zero stop/ zero point , have I set it up incorrectly or is the scope faulty ? Any help would be Awsome thanks guys

How much movement is it giving you? If I remember correctly after setting zero atop you have 4 to 5 clicks below your zero in case you need to adjust below your zero stop. If so, that's normal

Jess, when you established your zero did you use the Swaro supplied tool to hold the clutch assembly up against the zero stop while tightening down the three screws in the clutch assembly itself? Then pull the lower ring up and replace the turret cap over it, line up zero and tighten the screws in the turret cap. You then have to push the lower ring back down again with your finger nail once you have everything tightened down.

Sorry, if I misunderstood your issue and you've done all the above already. I know when I got my first X5 I found the zero stop set-up to be quite fiddly. Took me a bit of following all the steps to get the hang of it.

Jess, when you established your zero did you use the Swaro supplied tool to hold the clutch assembly up against the zero stop while tightening down the three screws in the clutch assembly itself? Then pull the lower ring up and replace the turret cap over it, line up zero and tighten the screws in the turret cap. You then have to push the lower ring back down again with your finger nail once you have everything tightened down.

Sorry, if I misunderstood your issue and you've done all the above already. I know when I got my first X5 I found the zero stop set-up to be quite fiddly. Took me a bit of following all the steps to get the hang of it.
Hey guys thanks for the response , yep I have done all the above , I'm quite familiar with the setup etc. spoke to Swarovski rep and it sounds like there is a internal issue in the turret . Pretty ****ed to say the least with at a price tag of $4500 AUS , and it's **** itself 3 weeks in....cheers

I've had an x5i for a couple years. Had trouble with it last year and Swarovski repaired it and sent it back. Was very irritated by it, but haven't had trouble with it since - and I shoot multiple times per week. Something broke loose inside mine and the crosshairs actually rotated almost to an "x" instead of a "+". Funny thing is - the zero held - we were shooting 1000 yards that day.

I'm sure they'll get it worked out for you. The illuminated scopes have to go back to Austria - so it (from the US) takes 6-8 weeks. Good luck.

I never looked through optics that are better than my X5

I admit that the top turret is big and awkward but that's the only negative thing to say about it

I'm not aware of any optics that are better than the x5. They say Schmidt and Bender is close - (and this May start a fight), but Nightforce is not. I bought one trying to save some money and ended up selling it second week of deer season. My swaro z3 with smaller objective was brighter.

GoodNew guys ! Called Swarovski rep here in aus and he was great to deal with . Within 2 hrs of the phone call I received a email stating my new scope was on the way with a tracking number on overnight freight , once I receive my
New scope I simply send the old
One back . Amazing service by Swarovski , and amazing products I just got unlucky I'm sure the next one will be trouble free

I'm not aware of any optics that are better than the x5. They say Schmidt and Bender is close - (and this May start a fight), but Nightforce is not. I bought one trying to save some money and ended up selling it second week of deer season. My swaro z3 with smaller objective was brighter.

TOTALLY AGREE with that. I had a ATACR and I sold it after looking through a X5. The "tactical" lol guys need their scopes to say Nightforce on it;)

The NSX isn't even close.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.