Swarovski Spotter

UtahBullCrazy

First off I just joined here and want to say hello. Just moved to Utah from AZ. If anyone ever needs AZ info please reach out. I wanted to ask everyone about the new Swarovski ATX system. Ive been given the okay to buy one. Im super torn between the 95mm and getting the 65 down the road or just getting the 85mm and being done. I have a badlands 2200 pack which think the 85 will fit the spotter pocket but know the 95 wont. Anyhow does anyone have the 95 and wish they never got it while hiking and the weight? Or anyone get the 85 and wish they would have gotten the 95? Just curious as ive saved a long time for the purchase. Part of me wonders about saving and just getting the meopta meostar too. Anyways thanks for any suggestions.

Took the ATX with the 65 objective to Colorado for a back pack Elk hunt two weeks ago. Next week I head to Idaho with the same objective, 1.7 extender and the BTX for an elk/mule deer hunt where we have the side x sides so weight is less of a concern. For NM antelope in September I took the ATX/BTX and the 95 objective...

The modularity of the ATX system gives you lots of options!

Took the ATX with the 65 objective to Colorado for a back pack Elk hunt two weeks ago. Next week I head to Idaho with the same objective, 1.7 extender and the BTX for an elk/mule deer hunt where we have the side x sides so weight is less of a concern. For NM antelope in September I took the ATX/BTX and the 95 objective...

That sounds awesome. Ive debated going 95mm with btx and extender. Is it clear still with the extender? Id be packing it though so not sure if weight would kill me. But using both eyes would be so much more comfortable im sure. Thanks

Last edited:

It's June, what are you doing hunting elk ?

So if you had to choose between 95 and the eyepiece for the long 70 range or the btx at 35 you would pick btx? Curious?

I find the btx much more comfortable so it's easier to spend more time glassing. I think I find more game with the btx, but I'm not really a trophy hunter so don't worry too much about counting inches. That said, I am planning to add the 1.7 extender this fall to see how I like the extra magnification.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.