Swaro X5i vs Kahles 525i

shooters

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2007
Messages
632
Location
South Dakota
Really need some input on deciding. I have to have the new build scopped up before end of next week!
I know the major differences between the two such as FFP and SFP, parallax, windage, tube, turrets and so on. I called Swarovski and they said that they are built the exact same as far as quality control and material etc. The biggest difference is obviously design and ergonomics. They did mention that the Swarovski has updated coatings that makes the glass a little bit better if you will.
So my biggest question is, being that I hunt with my optics 75% of the time and shoot steel the other 25%, I’m more concerned about reticle design and light gathering. I can’t say I’m a huge fan of any of the Swarovski reticles. I do however like the MOAK in the 525i, but worried it’s too small on the lower end. Is there anyone out there who has owned both (please, no 624 or others) of the above mentioned that can give some feedback? Is one more robust than the other, noticeably better optically, and so on? I’ve tried to watch every YouTube video out there. Also wondering if the Swarovski turrets are too dang big.
I know I’ve asked before but I’m running out of time. The Kahles is also $600 for for me than the Swaro.
Thanks
 

coues1

Active Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2013
Messages
40
Location
Desert Hills, AZ
I have three of the 3.5-18 X5 with the 4WX reticle. They are hard to beat for a hunting scope. Turrets are spot on and repeatable. My buddy who I shoot with has the 525i and it’s also a great scope. It’s a little heavier than the Swarovski. The reticle is great also. I really don’t think you can go wrong with either. Get the one that checks the most boxes for you.

Darr
 

Unoboats

Well-Known Member
LRH Team Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2012
Messages
1,098
Location
North Carolina
I have had the X5 and just ordered a 525i due to peer pressure. hoping its all they say it is. Going from a NX8 to the Kahles. wanted better glass.
 

shooters

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2007
Messages
632
Location
South Dakota
I have had the X5 and just ordered a 525i due to peer pressure. hoping its all they say it is. Going from a NX8 to the Kahles. wanted better glass.
I just ordered the X5i. I did a ton of research and decided on it. I called Swarovski and asked them what the difference was. They basically said that they are identical as far as mechanically built and material. Although I know they are different. They said the biggest difference is the glass. They said the Swarovski had different lens coatings which gave them a slight advantage over the Kahles in brightness and having zero chromatic aberration. We will see.
I just wish it had the Kahles MOAK reticle.
 

Orange Dust

Well-Known Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2015
Messages
2,151
Location
Mingo Swamp
I just ordered the X5i. I did a ton of research and decided on it. I called Swarovski and asked them what the difference was. They basically said that they are identical as far as mechanically built and material. Although I know they are different. They said the biggest difference is the glass. They said the Swarovski had different lens coatings which gave them a slight advantage over the Kahles in brightness and having zero chromatic aberration. We will see.
I just wish it had the Kahles MOAK reticle.
Which retical did you get?
 

Primary

LRH Assistant
Here are some related products that LRH members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to LRH’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to LRH discussions about these products.

 
 

Recent Posts

Top