Swaro or New Leica CRF 1200 Rangefinders

MaverickMa

Anybody used both? Which is the better pair? I know the Leica's are pretty new but does anyone have any hands on expierence with them? Will be ranging deer size animals, and I want the best accuracy.. I have been told alot of deer sized animals are hard to range over 500 yards with some of the other brands? Any help and opinions will be gladly appreciated...

there is a ton of info if you do a search on these.

I have the swaro, and it is the most consistent, longest ranging lrf out there. of course the lieca is smaller, but if you want the best accuracy as stated, go for the swaro.

I cant see why you have a hard time at all ranging deer at 500yds with the swaro.

I didn't say the Swaro or leica had problems ranging, I heard other Brands did.. I was wanting to hear people say they are ranging deer size animals out to approx 900 yards..With both of these because I can't seem to choose which one I want? I just want some past experiences in the field..

Me and Bill Bailey have done a TON of testing with these two units. All around the swaro is heads and shoulders above anything else available for under $1000.00 right now. With that being said the Leica CRF is a hell of a rangefinder. IF you were only wanting to range out to 800yds or so this would be the unit for you. THe only time you will have ranging problems with the CRF around 700yds or so is if you are ranging during a VERY bright day. The lieca is small and compact and gives you your range at a quicker pace than the swaro and it also has a smaller ranging reticle. But it cannot compare to the long ranging ability of the swaro, ranging out to 1500yds is easily done in all but the absolute brightest of days. The swaro is also fairly compact and easily carried around on its little belt holder. For the rest of 06 there is a $100.00 rebate on the lieca CRF also.

Both are good range finders but the swaro is the champ bar none!

if you are looking for either one give me or Bill a hollar at 1-800-522-3314

take it easy
steve

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.