Surgery finally today!

Praying you get past the worst of it quickly. My wife went thru it and I never saw a person in more pain (post op) so you really have my sympathy.

Hopefully the hospital is giving you the good stuff. Don't be shy about hitting the pain med button. You definitely want to stay ahead of the pain. Once it gets the upper hand it is so hard to get back in front of it.

You will want/need a hospital type bed @ home when you are discharged. One that adjusts head & feet up & down & has a bar overhead you can grab to help you move & readjust yourself. We ended up renting one from a medical supply place for a month. (Yes, she needed it!)

Again, wishing you a quick recovery & hoping the best for you.

Hopefully the hospital is giving you the good stuff. Don't be shy about hitting the pain med button. You definitely want to stay ahead of the pain. Once it gets the upper hand it is so hard to get back in front of it.
^^^^ABSOLUTELY THIS^^^^
It's GREAT to see you on here post-op, Tony! Hoping you continue to recover and get out of the "chop shop" as planned! Hang in there, brother! 👍

Praying you get past the worst of it quickly. My wife went thru it and I never saw a person in more pain (post op) so you really have my sympathy.

You will want/need a hospital type bed @ home when you are discharged. One that adjusts head & feet up & down & has a bar overhead you can grab to help you move & readjust yourself. We ended up renting one from a medical supply place for a month. (Yes, she needed it!)

Again, wishing you a quick recovery & hoping the best for you.

I'm gonna be the outsider on the "pain meds" usage……this should surprise no one though.

Speaking "only for myself" with 2 back surgeries and a minor abdominal surgery……I tried to stay away from the pain meds as much as possible. Again, speaking only for myself, if I'm not hurting I will tend to overdo things while in healing mode……possibly doing damage and setting back the healing process. If it hurts I tend to be a bit more cautious! I ain't the "sharpest knife" in the drawer…..pain is my constant reminder to not do something stupid! 😉

With my back fusion…..I was off the pain meds second day home. Jus Say'n! 6 months later, was taking a moose off the mountain by myself……healed-up pretty good.

With my first surgery, while on meds, I did things to re injure my back …..requiring a second surgery. memtb

Last edited:
G'day all,
Just thought I would announce that today is my surgery after my PE & Cardiac arrest 14 months ago.
I will be quiet on here for several days during my recovery.

Kind regards.
Modern medicine is amazing I'm a firm believer after my recent surgery! Lots of prayers and angels out there!!!!

I'm gonna be the outsider on the "pain meds" usage……this should surprise no one though.
memtb

I have to agree to a degree, I don't know fully about the surgery Tony had, but I agree with post recovery and beyond. I had 2 back surgeries early on, one to repair a ruptured disc and one to correct the first surgery because I was a *******.

Fast forward 28yrs and I have been on a pain medication mainly to help me sleep and wake with as little pain as possible. I recently started looking at all of the medications I was taking and just flat quit 95% of them. The pain kept me awake and made getting out of bed tough. I bought an elevated platform for my bed and as the days turned to weeks and now months, I have little issue with back pain and no trouble sleeping. I spoke to a friend who is a Dr and he said it's amazing what the mind will tolerate if we just let it.

I just wish my mind would solve the arthritis problem toot sweet 🤣

Well guys, on the pain meds front, I absolutely cannot take opioids of any fashion, they just make me vomit.
I deal with the pain my own way.
Good news, I go home tomorrow sometime. Very happy to be going home.

Thanks again for all the support.

Cheers.

Well guys, on the pain meds front, I absolutely cannot take opioids of any fashion, they just make me vomit.
I deal with the pain my own way.
Good news, I go home tomorrow sometime. Very happy to be going home.

Thanks again for all the support.

Cheers.
There is no place like home. Hang in there, Brother Tony. You'll be up and running before you know it.