Suppressor pouch, cover, etc

Discussion in 'Suppressors' started by TBuckus, May 15, 2019.

Help Support Long Range Hunting by donating:

1. TBuckus

TBuckus Well-Known Member

I finally got my suppressor and now have more questions.
    First off I need a pouch for carrying it. I found out my gun case for my AR is too short to leave it attached. What is everyone using for carrying it? $70 seems a little high just for a separate bag.
    Also, how heat resistant does it need to be if I’m not shooting full auto? Some pouches say heat resistant, some high heat resistance.
    Suppressor cover. Is it just to prevent a mirage?

Suggestions would be great

2. idcwby

idcwby Well-Known Member

Depending on its size, a Crown Royal bag may work to carry it to the field. From my understanding the covers they stay on them are supposed to help with mirage when shooting.

idcwby

3. bsfl

bsfl Well-Known Member

Suppressor cover helps if you want to touch the suppressor after firing through it multiple times and keep the skin on your fingers. It also helps significantly with mirage. I do not fire full auto. I have a cole-tac cover.

4. hunter67wa

hunter67wa Well-Known Member

go with a cover and forget the pouch. You will need it for mirage. If you are shooting open sighted AR you can take the cover off you will still be able to see without heating the heck out of your cover. I hope you have a piston AR as a gas AR will get very dirty with a can

5. Remmy700

Remmy700 Well-Known Member LRH Team Member

Spend the money on a good quality cover. If you swap suppressor around from rifle to rifle at the range you are going to for sure need one. After just a few shots mirage is terrible off a can and that is where a good suppressor cover really shines. I have several covers and TAB gear, Armageddon and the silencerco make great covers.