Superperformance Powder

79m1a-texas

I am reloading for the Remington Sendero 300WM factory rifle. Have tried H1000 and H4831 powder bethind the 180 Accubond. The best loads so far have had a compressed load of powder. I pulled a factory round of the Hornady Superformance 180 SST and weighted the powder at 81g of some super small powder that wasn't compressed.

Does anyone reload with the Superformance Powder?

There are many "blends " of powder that they use in their superformance ammo. I forget how many but it's like 40 or something. The superformance reloading powder you buy is just one of those blends that they decided to bring to market. So you can't just throw it in a case that they sell superformance ammo in and expect the same results.

To answer your question though, no I don't use it. I honestly haven't heard of many good experiences with it.

I'm using it in my 6.5 Creedmoor. I like it a lot. It's giving me better groups than IMR 4350 (can't find H4350).

The answer is that the superformance powder that is sold is not the same powder in most of the superformance cartridges. It is not logical, but simply go to Hodgdons reloading website and look to see if superformance powder is an option for the cartridge that you are interested in.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.