Super Slam scopes

BigA1976

Anybody have experience with Weaver Super Slam scopes?? Natchez shooters has them on sale for around $300.

I picked up a 3x15x50 Super Slam from Natchetz a couple weeks ago..I haven't put it through its paces yet as far as tracking goes,but I hope to get that done here fairly soon..

I did compare it extensively against my Viper HS's and liked it much better..I really like the turret system on the Super Slam..

Very nice picture through the scope and well built,like most Japanese scopes are..

Can't help you with the Burris... I have never been a Burris fan,so I know which way I would go..( and did LOL)

Good luck

Good deal. I just ordered a SS in 3-10x42..got it for $289...they get really good reviews so hoping for the best...Thanks man!

It's pretty hard to find a bad review on the Slam series of scopes...I wouldn't mind hearing your thoughts on it after you receive it..

Be glad to let you know...I hope to have it by next week...soon as I get it I'll hit the range.

I had a 2-10 a few months back. its an OK scope. the glass is good I thought. I thought the turrets were kinda mushy and the pop up and lock down wasn't as positive as I would have liked. the scope wasn't as easy to get behind as my elite 4300 3x9 but that may be a product of the 5x erector. I was worried about the turrets getting bumped more than anything, if it hadn't been for that I might have kept it. but when you have both turrets that pop in and out easily, the notion of a heavy use gun that does into and out of cases, in and out of trucks, leaned against things, spooked me from keeping the turrets from moving. That and I mounted up an elite 4200 on the same gun I had laying around and the speed of the get behind and acquire a target was much faster with the elite. so I sold it. good lord why can't companies offer scopes with covered windage turrets. who in the world monkeys with that when shooting long range, everyone I know of holds for wind.

How do these Weaver Super Slam scopes compare to Meopta Mepro scopes? I was thinking of replacing my old Bushnell Elite 4200. Would this even be a significant upgrade from what I've already got?

I have the superslam 3-9x56 ,it has really good glass and seems well made to me. One thing i noticed is it dont seem to have alot of adjustment for a 30 mm tube and the illumination will halo bad if you turn it up past the first couple settings. Not sure why it has a front focal plane reticle either but i like the dot it has for target shooting. Its a heavy scope for sure .

I replaced my 2.5 x 10 x 50 Bushnell 4200's,which is by the way is a great scope,with the Weaver Super Slam 3 x 15 x 50. It is just as good of glass as the 4200 and the scope has more eye relief. They are very clear,track very well and it's easy to see bullet holes @ 200yds. I have them on a 7mag,7STW,300WSM and two 300 Win Mags and never had a problem with them. I just bought another one last month,this brings my total up to five. Natchez has a really good sale on them right now and I think it is about the best scope you can buy for the money.

Ok Santiam338,got my new Super Slam in and unboxed. Right away I loved the glass and turrets without mounting it. I waited until dusk and compared it to my Burris E1 4-14x44. My SS is 4-10x42. Even though I could see as well at dusk with the Burris, the Weaver is brighter and clearer. Waiting on new rings to come in so I can mount and sight it in.

OK guys...got my new Weaver Super Slam mounted and to the range..I LOVE IT!!! Clearer glass than I've ever had,although I have to say I had a Bushnell Elite 4200 that was possibly brighter at dusk. But the SS tracks much better.. I will be purchasing another Super Slam for the Weatherby mkv I just bought. Thanks for everyone's help!!

From what I read about the Super Slams,they are made by Light Optical Works,the same company that makes Nightforce scopes. When you see at how heavy and rugged built they are,you can tell they are a lot of scope compared to most scopes in there price range. I think a may buy another while they are on sale.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.