Weaver Super Slam Scopes 200+ Moa???

DropDead

I was wondering if anyone could confirm the amount of moa adjustment Weaver claims for thier new super slam scopes.
Acording to Weaver's website..
Depending on model
inches of adjustment at 100 yards
Ive never heard of any scopes with anything near that amount of adjustments. The most ive seen is about 125.
Does this seem like an awful lot?

The numbers are correct, but are misleading. The numbers are actually the # of clicks, so take the number divide it by the click value and you have your adjustments. So the 240 with 1/4" click value would give you a total of 60" of travel.

Thats what i was afraid of, how unfortunate, as I need alot of adjustment. With my current 20 moa base load and zero i need about 125 to target shoot for kicks at a mile. I could go with a 40 moa base and zero out farther and get away with about 90 moa of travel.
The Clearidge XP5 is another serious option with 90 moa on their 2.5-12 model .
Nightforce offers 100+ moa on some models, but is a bit out of my price range right now.

Thank you very much for reply

Try Sightron S3 LR in 6-24 with 100 MOA and the 8-32 with 70 MOA.

reports say optics as good if not better than NF, MOA is equal and clicks almost as positive as the NF. No zero stop though.

Cost $800 or less compared to $1800 for NF

BH

Try Sightron S3 LR in 6-24 with 100 MOA and the 8-32 with 70 MOA.

reports say optics as good if not better than NF, MOA is equal and clicks almost as positive as the NF. No zero stop though.

Cost $800 or less compared to $1800 for NF

BH

Thanks alot for suggestions BountyHunter, that price range is doable and i have heard great things about Sightron and SIII models. I really would prefer exposed tactical knobs, but I will consider unexposed as well in my search for a long range scope.

We have received some extremely positive feedback on the Clearidge Ultra XP5 scopes. They are top notch and can compete with scopes like the Nightforce and Sightron SIIISS scopes.

We have received some extremely positive feedback on the Clearidge Ultra XP5 scopes. They are top notch and can compete with scopes like the Nightforce and Sightron SIIISS scopes.

Thank you, this sounds very encouraging, I have heard great things as well. If the 4.5-22.5 had 90 moa like the 2.5-12 I would be very content in ordering it.I was hoping for just a little bit more power than 12x but i have been shooting out to 840 yards with my 6.5-20 scope set at 12x, i dont like to shoot much higher power than that actually.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.