Stoney Point Rapid Pivot

They work great - are they as steady as a Harris - NO - but they are way more user friendly. Try to keep the legs at a 90 degree to the rifle. If you have them bent slightly forward you get a slight downward recoil, if they are bent back you get an upward recoil. I have both the prone and sitting lenghts - prone is great, sitting is questionable. I have one set of each height and then put the adapter studs on multiple rifles and am good to go.

Who uses these and how do you like them?

They are great for coyote hunting. Very versatile and light weight. The sitting height ones make a good walking stick with the legs extended... easy to carry. Haven't found anything better yet... and I've been looking.

BUT... they're not very durable. I've been through four sets in three years, same problem every time... the flexible rubber between the legs (the 'Y' in the sticks) cracks and splits. Cold, very cold, weather seems to aggrevate the splitting problem.

Mike, I just got one today so I haven't shot with it yet but I gotta say it looks nicer than I expected. It is more solid than I would have imagined and I think it is going to be fine for my lightweight pack rifle. It's the same as BOTW is using and they seem pretty dialed.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.