stock spiderweb effect

Lostdot

just wondering does anyone know how to do the spiderweb effect that they have on some factory stocks. iv been doing quite a bit of stock mods and paint but i have not figured out how to do it any help would be appreciated. only really want to know for my own paint jobs

eg. weatherby accumark stocks

cheers

rob

I've done it with a sponge brush.

A cheapo 79 cent one is perfect. Pick a few small holes in the tip of the brush and dip it in your paint. Lift the sponge brush over the stock and as the paint dribbles off it move it around to achieve your desired effect. Try it out on a piece of paper 1st of course, till you get the hang of it.

No, I haven't used that product on a stock, but I have heard that people will use a basecoat of some kind of camo color. They then use the krylon webbing followed by some form of clear coat. The few posts I read about this indicated that it held up well.

I wound up doing a camo job on my shotgun with the Krylon camo (with fusion). I used a beige bottom coat, and then just laid some plants on the stock and hit it with the brown color. It looks great, and has been durable for me. The good thing, is that since it is fairly random, if you get a scratch or two, you can just respray and it looks like new.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.