Stirling Model 14p Magazine fit.

LKM70

Hi all,
Just here to ask a question regarding my second hand rifle I purchased of a friend who has surrendered his firearms license (New Zealand) He used it to put down calfs back in his farming days.

Anyways, he has lost the magazine to the rifle (Model 14p Stainless) and I've managed to pickup a second hand magazine after trying some that had the right shape but was too "thick" and didnt fit at the local gun store. (They said the M20 and M14's are the same magazines)

So after taking time off work to try find some magazines & now have purchased one that still doesn't fit, I'm really wondering if they have changed their magazine design & reciever design recently?

So apart from purchasing a brand new magazine which runs about $100 for a 10 shot 22lr mag which still may run the risk of not fitting. I'm thinking of filing down the parts that are interfering with the magazine fit in the rifle?
Theory is if the majority of M14P magazines are of the older pattern I might as well adapt the rifle to use the more common magazines.
Has anyone heard or done this before?

Cheers

Colin

*UPDATE*

Went ahead and filed down the reciever then went and blued the magazine and reciever to touch up for a nice fit then cut new notch for the latch going of the blue.

All finished and quite happy with the mod. Now the rifle accepts all common magazines for the sitrling M20 & M14P

_ONQt_R8-6UUJmxyPW4kcz6bVlSeUKGVA0yJEllIzRh1jiJ1408ckBqqQTPHX1NZUcIDzt2WJuY

YvYHY-9P9FhBsnf0tA0kOy6S_bQeZ4fyj2tXDVHAcSPHO1Zw2L2GtKbk8pV7g_Rc39mHhdHTXHw

ZtPC_Y5mHJGr78O7cnhfsDTkcrorc6AC1_NkHqRKpnKSMfnhNAPx_zDHYsvOBr10n0CO-0_y_1w

85q_eAYl20LnZqkA4ttoGRiCUCjCYuylrsgHaayUd9U930WS1-bjGoSrnoxTocnt-tE_iE9ocww

Last edited:
Hi LKM70,

Trying my luck with this very old Post. Would you have the photos of this modification you did? I have same problem and have only come across a newer magazine that's a little tight.

Cheers

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.