Stiller action bolts

softtail103

I got my new custom 7mm WSM rifle. When I picked it up I pulled the bolt back and to my disappointment I noticed a difference from my other customs. I have 4 customs all with Stiller Predator short actions. Smooth as butter. This one is not smooth, it has a sticky feel to it. I spoke with the gunsmith and he asked me to compare it with my other rifles. Not even close on how smooth the bolts in the other 4 are. I called Stiller and spoke with the owner Dale. He informed me that he stopped buying actions from Pacific Tool & Gauge and was using a company in Pennsylvania. He did ask that I send the rifle to them for a repair. While Dale was very nice I declined and just sent a email to the guys at PTG to get one of their bolts. I am aware of the reputation that PTG has with always being late with orders. The wait will be worth it to me.

Attachments

• 7670E6F7-585C-4DAA-99E5-B7FD9574199F.jpeg
    7670E6F7-585C-4DAA-99E5-B7FD9574199F.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 20
Get it checked out by a good smith. Its just steel, it can be fixed. Cheaper than a new bolt and you dont know what can of worms the new one will have either.