STILL WAITING ON BLUETOOTH TECH...

Litehiker

As far as I know only SIG has a rifle scope that accepts bluetooth data from a laser rangefinder &/or a Kestrel 5700 meter.

Why can't laser rangefinder binoculars and monocular makers put Bluetooth in their devices to transmit data to scopes AND why won't scope companies (often the same company) put Bluetooth RECEIVERS in their scopes as SIG has done?? GEEZE LOIUSE!

I mean, c'mon, Bluetooth is decades old and the tech is there for sending and receiving data, as SIG has demonstrated, so let's have it used far more widely in the industry so we all can take advantage of the speed of data transfer. Being restricted to one company for this tech is nuts - or did I miss some brands already doing this?

Morgan Freeman Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Yes let all Scope Manufactures make Scopes that you just need to point at something and it will Range and activate the trigger so all you have to do is find the target and let the Rifle & Scope do the rest.
However, you will have to field dress the animal if the automated system makes the hit, but if you already had the riflescope doing everything, just bring some Porters to do everything else.
Another thought--Use a remote Video System so you can have someone else put the rifle, scope on a tripod in the wilderness and just shoot from your lounge chair looking on your 80" Flatscreen TV.
There are systems like this already. Just have to Pony up the $$$ for the systems.

Yes let all Scope Manufactures make Scopes that you just need to point at something and it will Range and activate the trigger so all you have to do is find the target and let the Rifle & Scope do the rest.
However, you will have to field dress the animal if the automated system makes the hit, but if you already had the riflescope doing everything, just bring some Porters to do everything else.
Another thought--Use a remote Video System so you can have someone else put the rifle, scope on a tripod in the wilderness and just shoot from your lounge chair looking on your 80" Flatscreen TV.
There are systems like this already. Just have to Pony up the $$$ for the systems.
You can buy that complete system made in Austin. But where is the fun?

THE FUN?? The fun is in the hunt, not fiddle-farting around with drop tables.
I'm aware that several laser rangefinders, mostly binoculars, are able to display your rifle/cartridge ballistics and give you a "purt'near" hold over, mine does. That ain't bad but a hold over night on the vertical reticle in the scope would be better, just like SIG's BDX (Ballistic Data eXchange) system).

Are you telling me that SIG's system is OUTLAWED in some states? WHICH STATES? Link the statueaswell.

Buy the setup from from Tracking Point. It does all for you. Trigger does not negage unless you are on target.

Buy the setup from from Tracking Point. It does all for you. Trigger does not negage unless you are on target.

So are you guys using your reticle to range targets then doing all your ballistics calculations on a piece of paper and a note pad before you shoot?

Let's be honest you range the target, get the weather data, calculate a ballistic solution then aim at the target, dial/holdover and shoot. How you go about doing that is some mixture of technology driven equipment whether it be rangefinders with ballistics, a Kestral and a basic rangefinder or the Sid BDX that uses the kestral for weather data and the rangefinder for ballistics.

In the OP's case he is questioning why more manufacturers haven't shifted to put more of the ballistic technology in the scope like Sig does. It's a perfectly valid question. I personally am a fan of the Revic PMR scope, on my normal hunting grounds I just dial and shoot as I have the ranges memorized in my head.

I'm aware that several laser rangefinders, mostly binoculars, are able to display your rifle/cartridge ballistics and give you a "purt'near" hold over, mine does. That ain't bad but a hold over night on the vertical reticle in the scope would be better, just like SIG's BDX (Ballistic Data eXchange) system).

Are you telling me that SIG's system is OUTLAWED in some states? WHICH STATES? Link the statueaswell.
I know Idaho does, not sure about others.

Every state that you can't use optics with electronics in them. The Burris Eliminator is another that is illegal in many states.

I think you are going to have to research state by state as there doesn't seem to be a consolidated list. And the laws can change any time a state wants to change them, so you have to stay on top of it. Here is something from Oregon.
IMG_3096.jpeg