Steiner GS3 4-20X50

AWOLF

I have three Leupolds and like them. I have a pair of Steiner 10x50 binoculars and really like those too. My problem is I need, got that .......need, a long range scope for my 7mm. The Steiner GS3 looks nice but have not seen nor heard much about them. They are a lot cheaper than their military models. Do you think the glass would be equal or less than the Leupold ? Please share your thoughts .

Tagging in I have the exact same question the OP has. Would love to hear some opinions.

I took the plunge and bought a lightly used GS3 4-20-50 from ebay. the scope replaced a 4-16 Vortex viper HST. I can say without a doubt that the steiner is much better in clarity and high end mag than the vortex. I really liked that there was a good scope with that power range. I like to hunt open and closed off areas like timber, and didn't want a low end higher than 4, but still wanted a high top end-20. It's very clear, has excellent low light clarity and brightness. The adjustments are clean, crisp and capped on both turrets. The only drawback i can see is the parallax adj isn't very fine, has large increments close together. Iv'e only used it a bit, but have very high hopes once my custom 25-06 gets back and i can really ring the scope out long range. The reticle they use is clean and uncluttered and allows for quick adjustments.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts