Stage 1 Fire Restrictions Start Tomorrow in Tonto

We have a lot of fires that are either deliberate, irresponsible behavior or lightning caused. It's all pointing to an extremely high fire season this year.
Despite the beginning stages of the 4 national forests thinning operations underway, there are ample opportunities for massive fires that destroy large swaths of forests not yet thinned. It's officially a La Nino pattern this summer. Hotter and drier. There will be a lot of restrictions getting implemented and there will still be people ignoring them. Sad.

HMMM. I just read the restriction list & did not see anything about shooting. Incendiary devices, exploding targets etc yes.

Last edited:
Here is part of the order from Tonto NF as prohibited:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240522-140102_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20240522-140102_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 21
We have a lot of fires that are either deliberate, irresponsible behavior or lightning caused. It's all pointing to an extremely high fire season this year.
Despite the beginning stages of the 4 national forests thinning operations underway, there are ample opportunities for massive fires that destroy large swaths of forests not yet thinned. It's officially a La Nino pattern this summer. Hotter and drier. There will be a lot of restrictions getting implemented and there will still be people ignoring them. Sad.
Lately there seems to be a fire caused by shooting every spring in the Sycamore Creek area. I hear Tannerite explosions frequently in that area. Two years ago I was across the highway and heard shooting and them "poof" - smoke started billowing and pretty soon the Forest Service trucks were out there. Personally, I think they should ban bullets with steel jackets.

Lately there seems to be a fire caused by shooting every spring in the Sycamore Creek area. I hear Tannerite explosions frequently in that area. Two years ago I was across the highway and heard shooting and them "poof" - smoke started billowing and pretty soon the Forest Service trucks were out there. Personally, I think they should ban bullets with steel jackets.
How about we just ban stupidity ?

A guy caught the 300 yd line at the range I'm a member at Rio Salado on fire a few months back . The Ro said it was the 3rd time that week. Sycamore is bad but also out by Lake Pleasant . There's Ben Avery right there but no the yahoo want to shoot by the lake . Tannerite and auto fire pretty regular. We hunt Javilina out that way.