Spuhr ISMS with Aimpoint sight

chw

I really like the look of the Spuhr especially tricked out with ACI and Aimpoint it just looks so bad ***. Does the mount function as good as it looks and what is the purpose of the aimpoint? Does the aimpoint have any use in long range hunting?

spuhr6.jpg

I'm trying to post an image of the mount set up but can't figure it out. Can someone please explain?

Im not sure with out your picture.But I have seen guys that run tactical or military with the mount and the aimpoint is for close quarters speed shooting.Like say a grizzly is bearing down on you,and maybe your low end on LR scope is 6x,which is what I use to run on a 338NM and it was to high for bear country. I switched to a 3x on low end.

Im not sure with out your picture.But I have seen guys that run tactical or military with the mount and the aimpoint is for close quarters speed shooting.Like say a grizzly is bearing down on you,and maybe your low end on LR scope is 6x,which is what I use to run on a 338NM and it was to high for bear country. I switched to a 3x on low end.

Thanks that kinda what I figured. I read somewhere they also use them to find targets faster without having to zoom in and out to locate the target they just leave the primary optic on high power and search with the secondary. I'm not sure how good it will work out past 1000 yards

The Spuhr mounts are pretty robust.
The micro sight is for close quarters where a magnified optic (the higher the power the worse it is) has a narrow field of view and makes getting on target slower. Not good for long range. I've seen them used in conjunction with spotting scopes as well, for the reason you stated about zooming in and out.

And for only $500 for a mount and $700 for the micro, what's not to love?
For $700 I have a Glock 21 in .460 Rowland for up close shooting.

image.jpg

This looks so awesome!
I like the ACI set up as well with the level and the clear plastic cover anybody know where I can get this?

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts