Spreadsheet for reloading

Good stuff, thanks for sharing.
Thanks. I have a new version for powder testing. It calculates Avg Velocity, ES, and SD from up to 5 shot strings then calculates the difference between shots (which highlights a node if it's there). Unfortunately I haven't been able to upload it (I'll try to attach it to this post). It worked. I had to archive the files but the attached Zip file has a Mac and Windows versions in it (Numbers and Excel). The blue numbers are calculated so don't put anything there or you will break it.

Attachments

• Powder Test Mac and Win.zip
    154.5 KB · Views: 49
I finally got to try the spreadsheet out with a suppressed and supersonic load for a pair of 8.6BLK AR10's. Both were first time loads (by me) for the rifles. I approached "with caution" lol and it shows with the load data. I'll reload the rounds based on the data I picked up. Velocity as from a Garmin. My LabRadar (yes I still have one) trigger isn't reliable on my AR's (the barrel is under the hand guard). The Garmin did great so I'll be using it more. Takeaways:
(1) Based on the data I can see that I approached load development "carefully". Subs were very sub and supers were barely super after the 2nd group.
(2) Not a fan of AA1660. It's dirty. I could even tell which case had been fired with it by the smell coming off of the annealer. The next test will be with something else. I could try N110 but I'd like to have more case fill.
(3) There are some oddities in the velocity groups. The last 4 in the supers (2nd sheet) are out of order. I'm not sure how that happened but that's what it looks like to me. The last group of the subs, 9, is a sighter load. The load notes I keep at my bench say I loaded 8 groups not 9. The powder charge for sighters is not correct. I decided to lower the sighters until I knew what the Barnes bullet was going to do. The sheet says TTSX and I loaded a .338 280gr. LRX. Good thing I keep notes as I load :/
(4) The last four columns of the Delta calc have the wrong formula in them :/ Just copy a good value over each box and it'll be correct. When I have access to Excel again I'll post a correction for those that aren't familiar with Excel. For me, the sheet pointed out some things that I did wrong or documented wrong. The next test should give me more useful data.

Subs
p3671707483-4.jpg

Supers
p3671707444-4.jpg