Southern Zone NY

NYSHUNTER

Anyone or group from the southern zone in NYS .. Looking for a group to shoot with and maybe do some western hunts ..

Nassau County here.. Do my hunting Sullivan county and out west and shooting at cavlerton and brookhaven. I been trying to get into Forbes Shooting Club upstate they go out to 1000 yards .. Do you know any other places maybe closer to us flatlanders

I'm across the sound from you guys. Forbes seems like a hassle to join. You can check out Mifflin County Sportsmen in PA. It's a little longer drive but easy to join and a nice 1000 yd range

Nassau County here.. Do my hunting Sullivan county and out west and shooting at cavlerton and brookhaven. I been trying to get into Forbes Shooting Club upstate they go out to 1000 yards .. Do you know any other places maybe closer to us flatlanders

I normally shoot at the Mainville Sportsman club in PA. Solid benches with an overhang at 100-200-300 yds. Not exactly close, 175 mi from my home.

I usually shoot at Long island Shooting Range they have 100, 200 also at Calverton they have 100, 200 , 300 but its alittle wild there a lot of fools with Ar15's just wasting ammo

Calverton is a dump that I gave up on when a few boys dressed in camo walked off with my custom built 6mm bolt gun while I was checking my targets on the 200yd line.
Brookhaven isn't bad but I really enjoy shooting at longer distance. Brookhaven has also gotten a bit expensive considering that you can join a PA club where the annual fee is less than 3-4 days daily fee at Brookhaven.
What community do you live in? I'm in Merrick.

I'm in East Meadow.. I had a bad experience at Caverlton when some fool was had the business end of the barrel pointed at people.. and no Range officer in sight ...Im open to forming any group or traveling to a better range if I can dial up 300 to 500. I know forbes in Colonial NY goes out to 1000 but its next to impossible to get in that club

Doesn't seem to be too many "Southern Zone NYers here. I'm a "Flatlander" from central Long Island.
Welcome to LRH.

I'M from Buffalo area, the bucks are starting to do there thing. About 9-20 Nov. 3rd my son was in the city around senca and bailey 8 point buck having fun with his lady friend.

I'm in Owego (not Oswego) about 20 miles due west of Binghamton. I shoot at the Tioga County Shooters Association range on Carmichael Road. The rifle range has 100 yard and 200 yard berms.

I'm in NYC, but tend to get up to Red Hook / Rhinebeck area and shoot on a friends private land. Would like to find something else, and possible get a few other people to shoot.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.