Sounds like Republicans have Reigned this in Somewhat….

nksmfamjp

From NBC4I.com:

Clarification of Definition of Federally Licensed Firearms Dealer

• Cracks down on criminals who illegally evade licensing requirements.
What does that mean?
Under 21 Enhanced Review Process

• For buyers under 21 years of age, requires an investigative period to review juvenile and mental health records, including checks with state databases and local law enforcement.
Penalties for Straw Purchasing

• Cracks down on criminals who illegally straw purchase and traffic guns.
….or these?

My biggest concern is nothing gets enforced when it comes to state and local government since so many felons/potential felons are not prosecuted for gun crimes that currently exist: NYC, CHI, etc. No congressional hearings on these failures.
So more laws are an attempt to look like they are doing "something".

Shame that many of our elected representatives don't understand that criminals are, by definition, not constrained by the law. I particularly like the phrase "Crack down on criminals who illegally straw purchase and traffic firearms." It gives the impression that we are currently not doing so. If that's the case, additional words on paper change nothing.

Shame that many of our elected representatives don't understand that criminals are, by definition, not constrained by the law. I particularly like the phrase "Crack down on criminals who illegally straw purchase and traffic firearms." It gives the impression that we are currently not doing so. If that's the case, additional words on paper change nothing.
Well currently they don't seem to have a penalty for a straw purchase. It seems like enforcing one would be a good thing to me.

FB_IMG_1655048822823.jpg

That's how it works. Catch and a slap on the wrist. Any convicted should do way more time.
That is after some huge crime committed…I'm talking about the several per week that go in, get told that they will not sell to them, after getting ID photographed and then are asked to leave. Will they be prosecuted? Will someone follow up?

I worked a local Gun shop after I retired for awhile till I had my stroke. I can't tell you how many times he wouldn't sell a pistol to someone that came in with another person. If the other person told the buyer that he liked a particular pistol or to buy that one, it was a no sale. Most of the time it was a woman trying to by it for a guy. Just saying he was very diligent in who he sold a gun to. If they even got in the phone while looking at a gun and talking like someone was directing them it was a no sale.