some new regs for Colorado bowhunters

Timber338

not sure if anybody has read the latest Colorado Big Game brochure, but Parks and Wildlife decided to allow lighted nocks on arrows as well as attaching video cameras to bows. It's listed on page 16 of the brochure.

I might try some lighted nocks at the range and see if they change anything.

I tried lighted nocks and the only thing they changed for me is being able to pick up the arrow in flight and easier to see in the target. They did not change how my arrows flew or point of impact. I am shooting 350 Mayhem Hunters by Carbon Express out of my Hoyt Charger at #70.

That's good to hear they shot the same out of your bow.

I have been wishing we could hunt with lighted nocks for a while now. They don't give any unfair advantage, which is the spirit of the law and fair chase, but I think they will help spot your shot better. And possibly retrieve your arrow after the shot as well.

Being able to distinguish between a well placed shot and a bad shot can make a difference in how long you wait to approach... for example a perfect lung/heart shot vs. a liver shot. I've never shot an animal in the liver, but if I saw the arrow impact there, I would give it more time.

Besides being able to spot hits and recover your arrow. The best thing about lighted nocks is practicing with them right at dusk.

I'm fairly certain this is exactly what Ted Nugent is really talking about when he says "the mystical flight of the arrow"

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.