Solid state laptop??

blipelt

Has anybody tried a solid state laptop for ballistic software instead of a PDA? I visited with my brother(a software engineer) about a PDA for carrying instead of my drop chart. He replied with this laptop for around $300(asus at target). They are a little bit larger but the usefulness would be far greater. The one he referred to comes with linix, but if you install vmware you would be able to run any operating system. In essense you could run various os's with different programs all at the same time. I am just trying to figure out which way is the best way to go.

Thanks for the input

Brent

I've got 2 laptops and 1 desktop PC along with 1 Palm. They all have ballistic software on them and occasionally one laptop will go to the range when testing. This facilitates note taking, spreadsheet usage if needed etc. etc.

However, when hunting or just out shooting I only take the Palm. All I need is the ballistic software and it is the same software as on the desktop and runs just fine on the Palm and so far I haven't found a shirt pocket the laptop will fit into.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I say Palm, some say Pocket PC. They all accomplish the same thing.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts