• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED SOLD

When they start making them for a long action let me know. None of my big game hunting rifles are on a short action. I have no idea why Hawkins would release short action before long action when they are aimed towards hunting rifles

When they start making them for a long action let me know. None of my big game hunting rifles are on a short action. I have no idea why Hawkins would release short action before long action when they are aimed towards hunting rifles
They actually have started making them and I've got some on order. The LA Mag has to be used with their LA Hunter BM. And no other Mag will work in their LA Hunter BM FYI

They actually have started making them and I've got some on order. The LA Mag has to be used with their LA Hunter BM. And no other Mag will work in their LA Hunter BM FYI
Thanks for the info. I wanted one for my next build when I was gathering parts a while back and saw the LA Hunter on the Hawkins site, but nobody had them in stock. Called Hawkins and at the time they didn't even know when they were gonna start making them. Good to hear they are finally coming around :)

I'm still waiting on my reamer from JGS so there's still hope!

Thanks for the info. I wanted one for my next build when I was gathering parts a while back and saw the LA Hunter on the Hawkins site, but nobody had them in stock. Called Hawkins and at the time they didn't even know when they were gonna start making them. Good to hear they are finally coming around :)

I'm still waiting on my reamer from JGS so there's still hope!
What do you plan on building? They said they won't work with belted cartridges. Right now they have 2 LA mags for 300PRC/28Nosler type cartridges and 300Norma type cartridges.

What do you plan on building? They said they won't work with belted cartridges. Right now they have 2 LA mags for 300PRC/28Nosler type cartridges and 300Norma type cartridges.
This will be my 3rd 300 Norma Mag Improved.

I know the Hunter BM will drop in a M5 inlet, but will the Hunter mags work with a receiver cut for AICS mags? Or would it have to be a BDL type cut?
The BAT HR action I'm using has an AICS cut and currently has the Hawkins standard CIP+ M5 bottom metal with 3 round Accurate mag. I just don't like the feeding of an AICS mag. Good once you tune the lips correctly but not one of my favorite tasks. Drop the mag on its lips and might have to retune it all over.

Do you have a Hunter BM for short action (standard .308)? I need the BM and magazine.
Also, any idea if I can just swap out my existing M5 from Hawkins without needing to do anything special?
I bought this rifle with the Hawkins M5 BM....and I really prefer a flush fit. I know they fit the same, but I've never removed and/or replaced BM.
Regardless, I'll take it if u have it.
thanks
Mark Taylor

Do you have a Hunter BM for short action (standard .308)? I need the BM and magazine.
Also, any idea if I can just swap out my existing M5 from Hawkins without needing to do anything special?
I bought this rifle with the Hawkins M5 BM....and I really prefer a flush fit. I know they fit the same, but I've never removed and/or replaced BM.
Regardless, I'll take it if u have it.
thanks
Mark Taylor
PM sent

Whats Left

0ea - HUNTER M5 BOTTOM METAL
4ea - M5 BOTTOM METAL

11ea - STANDARD HAWKINS FLUSH MAGS
4ea - PRC/WSM HAWKINS FLUSH MAGS

Recent Posts