• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED ***SOLD*** Custom/Complete 338 Norma Mag ***SOLD***

montana_native

My shooting habits have changed much in the past few years. I just don't envision this rifle ever being used for its intended purpose. It has 114 shots fired so far. I seem to have an affinity for having big 338s built, then I never end up shooting them. Load development yielded two loads that are under 0.3 MOA. One is with IMR 7828 and the other with H-1000. They were both mild loads, 2725 fps or so.

- Barker Machine M24 Action. Barker Machine was sort of a spin-off after Lawton went belly up. Barker was the CNC consultant for Lawton at one time. My gunsmith (Dave Young at Young's Gun Smithing in Sand Coulee Montana stated that he was impressed with the quality of the receiver and said he rated it between a Stiller and a Defiance with "meat added in all the right places"). It has a PTG one piece, fluted bolt with all the bells and whistles. Heavy firing pin spring, M16 Extractor. Side bolt release. This action could be considered a clone to a Lawton 7500, i.e. Rem 700.
- Bartlein M40/M24 contour barrel, fluted, 9.5 twist that is fluted and finished at 26" with a 4-port Muscle Brake. This barrel indexed almost perfectly straight.
- Manners T4A with CDI bottom metal to accept CIP length magazines, fully bedded by Young's, two AICS CIP magazines are included
- Timney Trigger
- Barker Machine 20 MOA rail
- Two flush cups on left side, three studs, Painted by Manners in a textured OD green color.
- All metal is Cerakoted Flat Dark Earth.
- I have 200 pieces of Norma brass that go with it. 140 of them are brand new. The others are 1x fired. Also included is a Forster Benchrest die set.

COAL with Bergers is 3.675" and with 300 SMKs it is 3.575" to be at the lands.

This will be listed on multiple sites. No trades. No parting out. No scope, rings, sling or bipod. Give me money and you get a gun. Please post "I'll take it" and follow with a PM.
The price is shipped to your FFL with insurance. Thanks for looking.