Smokeless Muzzleloader

I built one last year using Arrowhead ignition system.
I ordered parts summer 2021, did the metal work last December, worked on stock January to June. Atlas RBLP receiver, full floating Brux 29" barrel with Heavy Palma profile, Arrowhead brake & ignition, Timney 533 trigger, bedded & triple pillared Richard's stock. Puts out a 300 gr Arrowhead NSR bullet at nearly 3000 fps using 80 grains H322. Took 2 rounds to sight it at 50, 1 at 100, 2 at 200, then put 4 rounds into one hole in the center of a 2" dot at 200 yards. And zero copper fouling afterward.
Img_0750b.jpg

Img_0752b.jpg

Img_0734.jpg

2" dot at 200 yards. First 2 high & right, adjusted scope, put 4 rounds in center.

I also had a friend order a pre-made one from Luke at Arrowhead. My friend had a $12K GunWerks, and his Arrowhead, at half the price, shoots FAR better than the GunWerks. My friend could not be happier about the performance of his Arrowhead rifle. Both my friend and his son shot a deer with it this fall. He says a 250 yard shot is a "chip shot" with this rifle.

And finally, if you're interested in SMLs, read this thread:
Smokeless builds thread

...... I have info on how to make black powder. I not sure if it's would be up to today standards, but it's achievable.........
Check out this very large thread on making your own BP. I tried it once. It was interesting, but a lot of work. I'm sure anyone who's done it a few times would be much more efficient than someone's first attempt. From what I read, these guys are making powder that's BETTER than any commercial powder.
How to make your own Black Powder

What do you think of a Muzzler loader that supposed to equal a 338 Lapua with a 275 grain bull.
I do not know about the 275. But the pittman 325 yes will out perforn the 338 lapua energy and fps wise. Go check out scott at landcannon muzzleloaders. I had scott do my machine work and put both of mine together. Both are just one ragged hole.

I do not know about the 275. But the pittman 325 yes will out perforn the 338 lapua energy and fps wise. Go check out scott at landcannon muzzleloaders. I had scott do my machine work and put both of mine together. Both are just one ragged hole.
For about 300 yards, then the 338 takes over.