Smith Recommendation for Kimber/6.5 GAP 4S???

tdn

I just came upon a killer deal on a Kimber 8400 Montana in 300 WSM.
Having always been a fan of their stocks, I'd like to have a it rebarrelled to 6.5 GAP 4S (SAUM) by a talented smith who will work on Kimbers.

I'm in no huge rush, but would like to get it sent out to the smith by Nov 1.
Plan is to match the factory contour til the end of the forearm then do a beefier taper to roughly 0.630" at 24". SS tube - ideally w/ the spec'd 8.7" twist.
I'll be using the Hornady Brass from GAP and have no desire to turn necks.

So, I am looking for a smith who can true, contour, chamber, and (possibly) bed the rifle accordingly.
Any recommendations for a smith who has the appropriate skills and reamer appreciated.

Thanks!

I just came upon a killer deal on a Kimber 8400 Montana in 300 WSM.
Having always been a fan of their stocks, I'd like to have a it rebarrelled to 6.5 GAP 4S (SAUM) by a talented smith who will work on Kimbers.

I'm in no huge rush, but would like to get it sent out to the smith by Nov 1.
Plan is to match the factory contour til the end of the forearm then do a beefier taper to roughly 0.630" at 24". SS tube - ideally w/ the spec'd 8.7" twist.
I'll be using the Hornady Brass from GAP and have no desire to turn necks.

So, I am looking for a smith who can true, contour, chamber, and (possibly) bed the rifle accordingly.
Any recommendations for a smith who has the appropriate skills and reamer appreciated.

Thanks!
While searching for a gunsmith to rebarrel my Kimber Montana, I had a difficult time finding anyone that was willing to do so.

Ultimately, I ended up sending my barreled action to PacNor and had them install one of their barrels with a modified Montana contour. I then sent the rifle to Eddie Fosnaugh for stock painting and cerakote, however PacNor can cerakote as well.

Rifle shoots excellent!

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.