Small pistol or rifle primers

I have bought several thousand cci and Federal large and small primers over the last couple weeks at local Sportsmans Warehouse over the last couple weeks...

Yesterday...

Attachments

• 20201224_100436.jpg
    20201224_100436.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 121
I have been seeing enough lately that it gives me confidence that we will start seeing them online with Graf, Powder Valley etc soon. Only seeing CCI and Federal primers so far...

The more amazing part of the story is that Sportsmans even had the CCI's on sale last week. Best price I have seen in a LONG TIME....

Attachments

• 2020-12-16 17.47.48.jpg
    2020-12-16 17.47.48.jpg
    300.7 KB · Views: 115
its pretty bad that they buy at those sale prices .. sell it to the people that assume the shelves are still empty
then just have to lower their prices to normal and to get all their money back .. no loss for them unless they get stuck with it

their job is to make sure they buy it all so they can keep the price up longer .. good thing for us is a brick of primera really goes along way

i wonder if they know there is zoning storage laws .. and the fines theyd get , if caught for having more that the max amount of extreemly flammable hazard material in their closet

we all should post an ad on classifieds for half price primers .. then just mark as sold

Last edited:
When I was hunting moose in Maine a few months ago I stopped in at the local Walmart to see what they had. I really needed some 209M primers for my MZL. Two guys were there that had just loaded an entire shopping cart with factory ammo. They took nearly every box of centerfire, plenty of shotgun and a load of 22 ammo. The cart was actually bending from the weight.

I wasn't sure if they were actually buying all that ammo so I asked. I got a less than polite response. The stores really should have put a stop to this. I'm guessing that it was all resold, probably on line.

As for my 209M primers; there were none to be had but I did find 4 bottles of Blackhorn209 on the shelf so I bought two. I was tempted to take all four but it just didn't seem right.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.