Small Lady's Brother?

I believe we have witnessed the rebirth of @glimmer. He has gone from a long range expert loving loads "Just short of the hint of tumble" to being a military weapons expert. The Sten is all over the Hide and AR15.com

Well we have another new steel case to look at, eh?
The new Sig XM5 rifle and the XM250 automatic rifle adopted by the Army to replace the M4 and the M249 for CQB both use a new steel base 6.8mm. The commercial version, SAAMI approved '.277' fury, runs at a slightly lower 80,000 psi (what could go wrong)?
Why it had to be 6.8mm instead of a more commercially popular caliber like the 6.5mm?
General Mark 'Woke' Milley: "This is a weapon [and cartridge] that could defeat any body armor, any planned body armor that we know of in the future." No doubt the manual is written in a new language, ESG and gender fluid.
Right.
Posted in the humor section. And that .3mm makes all the difference.
Guns and ammo got ahold of SIG's new commercial rifle and clocked 3000 fps for SIG's 135gr open tip match from a 16" bbl. The mil spec version is supposed to go over 3100 fps.
Lake city brass is building a new production facility for it so obviously there is a lot of $$money to be made.
Should be interesting when guys grab their ol' AR 10, rebarrel, and try to run 80ksi through it...
What I would like to have is the new XM157 Fire Control system, which will increase accuracy and lethality for the close-combat force. The XM157 integrates, among other things, a variable magnification optic, backup etched reticle, laser range finder, ballistic calculator, atmospheric sensor suite, compass, visible and infrared aiming lasers, and a digital display overlay. Doesn't sound much like close quarter though.

I have actually done it. Not as hard as you might think. I also was able to convert berdan primer pockets to boxer.
I did it just to see if I could and it's doable
Actually using the factory powder a tad light doesn't seem unreasonable if you buy one of those 1000 round tins like he shows. New tin? Work up a the load again. There are very few things in the galaxy more reliable than the old Kalishnikov AK's, heat, snow, ice, mud you name it, the rifle design and case taper both contribute. Watch any youtube test and you will see.
AR's with the direct gas impingement system foul pretty quickly. His new rifle might suffer the same reliability issue unless it is piston driven, not familiar with it. Two stage trigger though, might be the 'troll' giveaway.

Actually using the factory powder a tad light doesn't seem unreasonable if you buy one of those 1000 round tins like he shows. New tin? Work up a the load again. There are very few things in the galaxy more reliable than the old Kalishnikov AK's, heat, snow, ice, mud you name it, the rifle design and case taper both contribute. Watch any youtube test and you will see.
AR's with the direct gas impingement system foul pretty quickly. His new rifle might suffer the same reliability issue unless it is piston driven, not familiar with it. Two stage trigger though, might be the 'troll' giveaway.
He's in Canada and they can't have a semi auto ar so there all bolt type rifles.

Don't make me unfollow my own thread...!
Why not? 🤣 Is he really in Canada? He has a Country of India flag and what appears to be a Mohantas Gandhi avatar. Strange passion for Soviet ammunition and british junk. Don't get me wrong, I grew up with AK's, Lee Enfields and Bren guns. Sten gun was nicknamed suicide gun where I was growing up. (Not the Enfields and Bren).
I just decide to ingore him so I won't be drawn into any unnecessary discussions and arguments. I did have a few laughs though.

Why not? 🤣 Is he really in Canada? He has a Country of India flag and what appears to be a Mohantas Gandhi avatar. Strange passion for Soviet ammunition and british junk. Don't get me wrong, I grew up with AK's, Lee Enfields and Bren guns. Sten gun was nicknamed suicide gun where I was growing up. (Not the Enfields and Bren).
I just decide to ingore him so I won't be drawn into any unnecessary discussions and arguments. I did have a few laughs though.
His first avatar was Joe's trans assistant health secretary 👎🏼