Slam Completed

Congratulations…….a feat that very few accomplish! 👍

I only personally know (knew) one man that had a slam, actually at least one of every recognized species……Basil Bradbury. He was one heck of a nice guy and a very accomplished hunter! In fact, the first 60 rounds through my new .375AI, were fired in his 100 yard underground (very large corrugated/galvanized pipe shooting range! memtb

memtb

Last edited:
What an accomplishment! Getting harder and harder to reach that goal for the average guy. That third photo you have is an amazing photo and the sheep looks alive.

Well, last Monday I killed a Sonora Desert Bighorn sheep that completed my Grand Slam of North American Wild Sheep.

I killed my Dall ram in the Yukon Territory in 1984.

I solo scouted for 24 days and hunted two days for my Bighorn ram in Idaho's Owyhee River in 2014.

I backpacked last August (2023) in the Cassiar Mountains of northern British Columbia for my Stone ram.

It's always been more of a dream than a goal for me. I've been a western mountain hunter since I was 18 years old.

I guided and outfitted in Wyoming for 27 years.

It took 40 years since I pulled the trigger on my first ram. This was also the 86th sheep hunt that I have either guided or

personally hunted. Being now 67, I hope to have some more seasons left before I can't any longer lace up my boots.

View attachment 550020

View attachment 550021

View attachment 550022

View attachment 550023
Thanks for sharing!

I killed my only sheep, a desert in NV on Dec. 30 last year. I can now attest through personal experience and 50+ years of world wide huntring experience, Sheep hunting is addictive. My wife and I spent 25 days hunting, and over a week scouting. I was bruised, exhausted, and beat up beyond belief. I would do it again any day I could get my 72 year old body in motion. Congrats to the achievement and dedication! Well done sir!

Well, last Monday I killed a Sonora Desert Bighorn sheep that completed my Grand Slam of North American Wild Sheep.

I killed my Dall ram in the Yukon Territory in 1984.

I solo scouted for 24 days and hunted two days for my Bighorn ram in Idaho's Owyhee River in 2014.

I backpacked last August (2023) in the Cassiar Mountains of northern British Columbia for my Stone ram.

It's always been more of a dream than a goal for me. I've been a western mountain hunter since I was 18 years old.

I guided and outfitted in Wyoming for 27 years.

It took 40 years since I pulled the trigger on my first ram. This was also the 86th sheep hunt that I have either guided or

personally hunted. Being now 67, I hope to have some more seasons left before I can't any longer lace up my boots.

View attachment 550020

View attachment 550021

View attachment 550022

View attachment 550023
Congratulations amigo, that is a great way to finish! There is something about sheep that brings us back for more. Again, congrats on getting the FNAWS, just incredible!

Recent Posts