Slam Completed

dukxdog

Well, last Monday I killed a Sonora Desert Bighorn sheep that completed my Grand Slam of North American Wild Sheep.

I killed my Dall ram in the Yukon Territory in 1984.

I solo scouted for 24 days and hunted two days for my Bighorn ram in Idaho's Owyhee River in 2014.

I backpacked last August (2023) in the Cassiar Mountains of northern British Columbia for my Stone ram.

It's always been more of a dream than a goal for me. I've been a western mountain hunter since I was 18 years old.

I guided and outfitted in Wyoming for 27 years.

It took 40 years since I pulled the trigger on my first ram. This was also the 86th sheep hunt that I have either guided or

personally hunted. Being now 67, I hope to have some more seasons left before I can't any longer lace up my boots.

IMG-4145.jpg

P8310274.jpg

IMG-1905.jpg

IMG-4449.jpg

Well, last Monday I killed a Sonora Desert Bighorn sheep that completed my Grand Slam of North American Wild Sheep.

I killed my Dall ram in the Yukon Territory in 1984.

I solo scouted for 24 days and hunted two days for my Bighorn ram in Idaho's Owyhee River in 2014.

I backpacked last August (2023) in the Cassiar Mountains of northern British Columbia for my Stone ram.

It's always been more of a dream than a goal for me. I've been a western mountain hunter since I was 18 years old.

I guided and outfitted in Wyoming for 27 years.

It took 40 years since I pulled the trigger on my first ram. This was also the 86th sheep hunt that I have either guided or

personally hunted. Being now 67, I hope to have some more seasons left before I can't any longer lace up my boots.

View attachment 550020

View attachment 550021

View attachment 550022

View attachment 550023
Good luck to you and many more years of hunts in your future. You are Truley Blessed.!!!!
You make your own dreams come true!

Congrats! Something I always wanted to do, yet Ive never drawn a tag yet at 60.Ive had max point in MT then they changed and I probably max again.Ive had a few friends I archery hunted with get the slam, one is on his second go around right now,He also did super w/bow

So I thought WOW!
Then I saw the Dall, yup THAT does it for me and then.....the Stone. OMG
Wonderful life journey too.
Continued Health and Happiness.