SKUNK

They have teeth like Paring knives!
They only look cuddly. Hunting in Texas with best friend. Standing beside the feeder waiting to be picked up after dark when three really big coons came up and started looking for corn in the water beneath the feeder. Been raining sense we got there. They we at our feet. I offered my friend $20 to reach down and pet one. He declined!

My dad carried scars on his right middle and fore finger to his grave from a opossum. When he was 9 years old he saw a mama carrying her baby's up a tree, he climbed up and tried to snatch one off her back ----- well, mama had a much different idea and bit the snot outta him...

Those raccoons are everywhere in TN. I had a face to face encounter with a big coon climbing into a permanent tree stand about 30 feet off the ground in the dark. It scared the **** out of me. I surrendered my position.
Live to fight another day!
My dad carried scars on his right middle and fore finger to his grave from a opossum. When he was 9 years old he saw a mama carrying her baby's up a tree, he climbed up and tried to snatch one off her back ----- well, mama had a much different idea and bit the snot outta him...
Got couple of tacticams by my feeder sites. Fox comes in every thing there stops and looks at him/her then goes back to eating. When a possum comes in everything clears out of the way. Its strange! Maybe the possum is a gang member!

We had a big old orange tabby cat years ago, I used to have a photo of that cat and a opossum eating out of the same bowl, that cat was nearly twice the size of that opossum but they never messed with each other, I figured it'd be on but nope just as mellow as could be, saw it enough times to grab a photo, wish I knew what happened to that pic...

We had a big old orange tabby cat years ago, I used to have a photo of that cat and a opossum eating out of the same bowl, that cat was nearly twice the size of that opossum but they never messed with each other, I figured it'd be on but nope just as mellow as could be, saw it enough times to grab a photo, wish I knew what happened to that pic...
Jill had two pet Possums (Mickey Mouse and Benjamin Button) and a Racoon (Ricky) a few years ago that ate right along side of Oreo our cat in our garage. They knew how to come in through the cat door. I think the coyotes got um.
It is amazing on how some wild animals get used to humans and domestic pets. Samson never bothered them. Guess he sensed that they we part of the family.

Speaking of Racoons. Jill just went to feed Oreo on the back deck and the next minute Ricky just came back and eating Oreo's food on our table.
Just took this picture through the window. It's cold out.

Attachments

• Ricky.jpg
    Ricky.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 14
So horse barn I kept mine horse at has cats for obvious reasons. I usually had early morn feed with friends dad. We had 2 barns and the small one had couple nice cats that would welcome you. Friends dad walks in first, me close behind and reaches down picks up cat at the cat dish, and turns on lights. I darn near did back flip when lights came on. He was holding skunk in arms and stroking fur. Skunk was completely content and seemed to enjoy the petting. So he just kept stroking fur while he slowly walked out door and set critter down. I was about 50' away praying it wouldn't spray inside barn! Skunk just waddled away. Friends dad leaned against door jamb and just about used every expletitive he could think of. From that point forward I would reach in switch on lights to get lay of land before entering! He also entered AFTER me after that!

So horse barn I kept mine horse at has cats for obvious reasons. I usually had early morn feed with friends dad. We had 2 barns and the small one had couple nice cats that would welcome you. Friends dad walks in first, me close behind and reaches down picks up cat at the cat dish, and turns on lights. I darn near did back flip when lights came on. He was holding skunk in arms and stroking fur. Skunk was completely content and seemed to enjoy the petting. So he just kept stroking fur while he slowly walked out door and set critter down. I was about 50' away praying it wouldn't spray inside barn! Skunk just waddled away. Friends dad leaned against door jamb and just about used every expletitive he could think of. From that point forward I would reach in switch on lights to get lay of land before entering! He also entered AFTER me after that!
Thats funny and worth retelling! Made my morning. Thanks!

Ricky came to eat dinner tonight and Cassie ran around the house from the garage, up the steps to the back deck and "Treed" Ricky. Poor guy ran up the corner post to the roof and rain gutter.

Edit:
Just checked on Ricky and he is back on the table eating.

Attachments

• Rickey Treed by Cassie.jpg
    Rickey Treed by Cassie.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 9
Last edited: