Sin Arms - anyone using or in contact with Devin?

kraig

Hey I'm just wondering if anyone has been using Sin Arms lately. I see a few old posts from years ago on Devin but nothing current.

Reason I'm asking is I ordered a 7mmMag barrel from him in July 2016, it was suppose to be a 9-10 week turn around. Ended up having to send my action in to get it trued too. OK add a few weeks. I've had no official communication with him since August 2016. My son got him on facebook around November 2016 and Devin told him that he had to reorder the barrel blank. Neither my son nor I have been able to get in touch with him since.

I don't want to be impatient, but DANG doesn't 600+ bucks at least buy an email or phone call from time to time when deadlines/expectations have been missed? This build was a payment to my son for getting straight A(s) in his first full year of college, he is now coming up on completing his second year. Kind of looses the whole bribe for good grades thing this way. :)

I hope maybe someone has been in contact with him, has his phone number, or some proof of life to at least know my son's barrel & action aren't sitting in escrow somewhere.

Let me know guys. I promise if/when we get this build put together we will post results.

Hate hearing stuff like this.........if you take money from people for service or goods, ANSWER YOUR **** PHONE! There are no excuses for why someone can't respond in a two week period.....the only reason would be his own death (hoping not the case).

Hey I'm just wondering if anyone has been using Sin Arms lately. I see a few old posts from years ago on Devin but nothing current.

Reason I'm asking is I ordered a 7mmMag barrel from him in July 2016, it was suppose to be a 9-10 week turn around. Ended up having to send my action in to get it trued too. OK add a few weeks. I've had no official communication with him since August 2016. My son got him on facebook around November 2016 and Devin told him that he had to reorder the barrel blank. Neither my son nor I have been able to get in touch with him since.

I don't want to be impatient, but DANG doesn't 600+ bucks at least buy an email or phone call from time to time when deadlines/expectations have been missed? This build was a payment to my son for getting straight A(s) in his first full year of college, he is now coming up on completing his second year. Kind of looses the whole bribe for good grades thing this way. :)

I hope maybe someone has been in contact with him, has his phone number, or some proof of life to at least know my son's barrel & action aren't sitting in escrow somewhere.

Let me know guys. I promise if/when we get this build put together we will post results.

Looks like you're not alone ...

Sin arms? - SnipersHide.com Forums - Scout

Try this phone# >>> http://www.fflregistry.com/FFL-Dealer/Watertown/SD/Sin-Arms/Devin-M-Sinner/73117.html

Looks like a guy who repeatedly gets in over his head.....at least one person on the hide does face to face business with him at his house.....this, I suggest you take a day trip to his house if you don't hear from him in a few more weeks.

I tried to order a barrel from him a year or so ago. I sent him several emails, never got a response. I can understand when someone gets busy, but you still have to be responsive to your customers/prospects. He may be a very good smith, but he is no longer on my list. It is not my nature to criticize businesses, but for him not to even respond tells me lots. There is another business that i have used in the past. They are slow. If they tell you 2 weeks expect 2 months. I can live with that. I don't send them anything that is time sensitive.

FWIW

Thanks guys. Didn't know there was a FFL list out there or I would have tried that. Will have to do that this week & report back.

Face to Face might be the way to go, all I have to do is set myself up for a pdog hunt and then I'd be in his neck of the woods.

I certainly hope that he is just in over his head. Sad part is I'll almost bet that he had my barrel done but cut the threads for a standard 700 action not remembering that he trued my action and had to touch up the threads so he had to start again. Still the point is...just say so and say what you mean, but at least say something.

Well I'm still hoping for a good outcome. At least my father is coming into town this week so I have a great excuse to at least go to the range. gun) Nothing like a Father -> Son -> Grandson & Granddaughter day at the range. Hopefully that AR10 I built him functions flawless.

QUICK UPDATE....

I finally heard back from Devin and it appears that he had a new CNC machine that has been giving him fits & the manufacture of the CNC are replacing it causing him to be behind the eight ball. So I want to give him the benefit of the situation instead of being a donkey's rear end. I told him to do what is best for accuracy, if he can use the backup lathe great but if he thinks he should wait for the new CNC to be delivered and ready to go then that is fine too.

The good news is he is alive and kicking. The bad news is he is a small shop and dealing with new equipment has put him behind. I asked him for an estimate of weeks or months just to know.

Hopefully my next update will be how awesome the action & barrel shoot (assuming I do my part reloading)

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.