Sightron SIII or Vortex PST SFP???

Sightron SIII. It has better glass by far and has more MOA/MIL travel than the PST. The PST has more features but the Sightron is a beauty of a scope.

Sightron, I've owned both and the glass in the SIII is noticeably better, especially at low light.

SIII

I've had both. Waited a long time to get the PST SFP. I still have 6 Sightrons (or 7). No Vortex.

SIII

I've had both. Waited a long time to get the PST SFP. I still have 6 Sightrons (or 7). No Vortex.

I Love the SIII's. I've had several and they have all performed awesome.

I need to sell an SIII to fund another project. You will find it in the classified section. Great condition and very fair price.

Better glass on the Sightron!! Have had both, I've not been impressed by the optics on Vortex scopes. But that's just my opinion.

Sightron, but it may depend on what you want. I bought the sightron 8-32x56mm and it has superb glass quality compared to the Vortex I have looked through, (but not as good as my Zeiss HD5 5-25x50mm in low light). And it was perfect for my long range 284 win build w 195 & 180 Bergers. The Sightron does not have a Zero Stop and mine didn't have ilum rectile. but since I use a 20 moa base and Bruis sig/lee offset 10 moa incerts Rings. My 200 yard zero is only 7 clicks from end of 315 total clicks of scope.
I can not get a 100 yard zero. But since I use a 200 yard zero and I know I'm only 6-7 clicks from stop I don't need a zero stop either, just bottom out clicks, and click back 6-7 clicks back to zero.
I set this up to shoot 1000 yards to a mile or more

The Sightron has better glass but I didn't like the reticle option that they had at the time so went PST.
Still happy with my choice.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.