• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Sig Arms Deluxe SHR 970 - 7mm Remington Magnum

Kpknifemaker

Sig Arms Deluxe SHR 970 in 7mm Remington Mag. Asking $1400 for the package (see details below), shipped to your FFL from my FFL. To help get you started, some reloading supplies as a separate package also available for $105.

The SHR 970's are a high quality, Swiss made rifle. They were not manufactured for very many years and a variety of theories exist as to why they were discontinued, but it wasn't due to poor craftsmanship and shootability for sure. Do a little research and you will see they have a highly respected reputation as a quality gun and shooter.

Very nice wood on this rifle. This is the Deluxe model and a very fine gun. I bought this gun unfired and it has less than 100 rounds down range. This gun sports a 1:10 twist and shoots subMOA consistently. I got <0.75 MOA with 131g Hammer Hunter, Barnes TSX 140g, Berger VLD 140g and Hornady ELDX 150g. In other words, what I tried all shot very well. I will share OGIVE length and load data with
SIGSHR7RMpackage.jpg
lftside7mm.jpg
rtsidepackageSHR7RM.jpg
SHR7RMQRLeupoldrings.jpg
shr7RMsn.jpg
reloadpackage.jpg
front7mmRM.jpg
whomever buys the gun.

Also included in the package:

1" Leupold QR bases and rings
3 original metal magazines
Plano Single Scope Rifle case, that the gun will ship in.

To help get you started reloading for this gun, the following add-on is available.

Add-on package: $105
New, unopen bag of 50 Nosler Premium blemished (visual) 7mm RM brass
unopen box of Barnes TSX 140g
unopen bag of F Tip Nosler 7mm-142 SP /factory seconds

Questions or want additional pics, etc., let me know.
Thanks for looking.SI

I'm considering it. Get to Roseburg every so often. Looking for a composite or lite weight stock for hunting. Hate banging up a nice wood stock!

I'm considering it. Get to Roseburg every so often. Looking for a composite or lite weight stock for hunting. Hate banging up a nice wood stock!
Understand the not wanting to bangup the nice wood. My other 7mm RM is a Sauer 202. Like a new truck, my first ding packing out my wife's deer hurt. Now it is just a memorable battle scar. I have some 1st fired brass I could also throw in.