• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Sig Arms SHR 970 - 25-06

Kpknifemaker

I am cleaning out my gun room for the next project. I have for sale:

Sig Arms SHR 970 in 25-06. Asking $950 for the package (see details below), shipped to your FFL from my FFL. To help get you started, some reloading supplies as a separate add-on package also available. (I will also be listing my SHR 970 Deluxe in 7mm Remington Mag in a separate listing within the week if interested in an upgrade to this rifle in a very popular cartridge.)

The SHR 970's are a high quality, Swiss made rifle. They were not manufactured for very many years and a variety of theories exist as to why they were discontinued, but it wasn't due to poor craftsmanship and shootability for sure. Do a little research and you will see they have a highly respected reputation as a quality gun and shooter.

Very nice wood on this rifle. Not perfect and I've included pictures I found of a couple scuff marks (rt side) and small ding (near front stud). Great bore on this rifle with less than 100 rounds down range. This gun sports a 1:10 twist and shoots subMOA with Berger VLD 115s. I would expect, based on my experience with my 25-06 Tikka with the same twist rate, the 90 grain Absolute Hammers would be tack driving screamers.

Also included in the package:

EGW Picatinny rails (0 MOA and 20 MOA)
1" Scope rings (not sure the brand, but were a solid mount)
4 original metal magazines
Plano Single Scope Rifle case, that the gun will ship in.

To help get you started reloading for this gun, the following add-on is available.

Add-on package: $110
box of 20 twice fired from this gun Hornady brass (not loaded!! not cleaned and not resized)
open box of .257 Hornady SST 117grain - 76 bullets (haven't tried in this gun)
open box of .257 Sierra 117grain boat tail - 70 bullets (haven't tried in this gun)
Hornady Custom Grade 2 dies set for 25-06 (never used)

Questions, fire away. Let me know if interested and PM me to discuss any details of payment, etc.
Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• rifleonly.jpg
    rifleonly.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 67
  • leftside.jpg
    leftside.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 54
  • rtside.jpg
    rtside.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 52
  • rtside-barrel.jpg
    rtside-barrel.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 53
  • smallscuffs rt side.jpg
    smallscuffs rt side.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 49
  • dent forearm.jpg
    dent forearm.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 56
  • 2ndpack6.jpg
    2ndpack6.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 56
I am cleaning out my gun room for the next project. I have for sale:

Sig Arms SHR 970 in 25-06. Asking $950 for the package (see details below), shipped to your FFL from my FFL. To help get you started, some reloading supplies as a separate add-on package also available. (I will also be listing my SHR 970 Deluxe in 7mm Remington Mag in a separate listing within the week if interested in an upgrade to this rifle in a very popular cartridge.)

The SHR 970's are a high quality, Swiss made rifle. They were not manufactured for very many years and a variety of theories exist as to why they were discontinued, but it wasn't due to poor craftsmanship and shootability for sure. Do a little research and you will see they have a highly respected reputation as a quality gun and shooter.

Very nice wood on this rifle. Not perfect and I've included pictures I found of a couple scuff marks (rt side) and small ding (near front stud). Great bore on this rifle with less than 100 rounds down range. This gun sports a 1:10 twist and shoots subMOA with Berger VLD 115s. I would expect, based on my experience with my 25-06 Tikka with the same twist rate, the 90 grain Absolute Hammers would be tack driving screamers.

Also included in the package:

EGW Picatinny rails (0 MOA and 20 MOA)
1" Scope rings (not sure the brand, but were a solid mount)
4 original metal magazines
Plano Single Scope Rifle case, that the gun will ship in.

To help get you started reloading for this gun, the following add-on is available.

Add-on package: $110
box of 20 twice fired from this gun Hornady brass (not loaded!! not cleaned and not resized)
open box of .257 Hornady SST 117grain - 76 bullets (haven't tried in this gun)
open box of .257 Sierra 117grain boat tail - 70 bullets (haven't tried in this gun)
Hornady Custom Grade 2 dies set for 25-06 (never used)

Questions, fire away. Let me know if interested and PM me to discuss any details of payment, etc.
Thanks for looking.

FYI Will be also listed coming Monday on another platform. -- Thanks, Ken

Recent Posts