Sig 10k experience/review.

Rhovee

I just wanted to share a range finding comparison from last weekends NRL Hunter series. Match was in the snow with blue skis. This is one of the toughest conditions for range finders. I have always ran the ZEISS 10x42 RF. These really struggled in the conditions to range past 500 yards. The Leica binos were in same boat. Swarovski did a little better. But when the Sig rep handed me a pair of the 10k, it wasn't even a close call. It by far, hands down, has the best range finding abilities of anything on the market. The glass does have a blue tent to it. Sig is working on this to come out with better glass clarity. They have a full screen inside the binos that could display a fixture it so detailed. Just thought I would share some insightful experiences.

Thanks for the insight. I would probably own a set of these if they could fix the glass/tint. Maybe I will in the future?

I purchased a pair on sight in day. If I didn't have them, I wouldn't have been able to range half the targets. Sounds like the next 1-2 years they will. It's a situation that I was able to find and range the targets and the glass didn't prohibit that. But if I had the ZEISS, it would of been clearer glass that wouldn't range.

That is true. I think for NRL type events they would be perfect. In fact perfect for anything other then hunting. My problem is I glass a ton and am packing all swaro stuff. So I'm probably not being fair to the sigs. If the glass was better I would consider dropping my nl pures and separate range finder on certain hunts for a all in one unit. If I had more time for comp type events I could probably justify I set just for that