Sierra Gameking Load Data

boattailed bandit

Can anyone give me the load data reccomended for the 140gr Sierra Gameking HPBT in .277 from their manual? I plan on getting the book if I like their bullets for other cartridges, but for just one I'd like to keep from buying the manual right now. I'm wanting to run IMR 4350. If anyone can help we out with this itd be great. Any other specs you can give me as well would be appreciated. I usually run nosler BT, but the sierras are more cost effective. Also does anyone have any field expierence with these on deer?

Sierra manual has minimum listed at 46.8(2600fps) and maximum listed at 53.5(3000fps). COAL listed at 3.265". Hope this helps. I shoot the 140 gr gameking SBT out of my 270 wsm. With retumbo this bullet is a tack driver at 200 yrds.

Also, I can't comment on the HPBT's performance on game but the SBT was used to take my mule deer last year at 563 yrds. DRT!

KIMG0187.jpgThis might help to.

you can also call the bulletsmiths at sierra. 800-223-8799. they will give you starting loads as well as max loads and the best powder for your application. theyve given me some great info.

PM received. Thank you very much for the PDF.

you can also call the bulletsmiths at sierra. 800-223-8799. they will give you starting loads as well as max loads and the best powder for your application. theyve given me some great info.

Thanks, I might just do that as well. Can never have too much information.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.