Sierra Game King

Mississippihunting

I stopped by my local pawn and gun today and they had Sierra Game King #2115 30 caliber 150 grain bullet FMJ on the shelf. Before I pick up a box to try, I wanted to ask if anyone has any experience with these as a deer round. I'm guessing they are more a varmint bullet. I did a search here but found very little.
Thanks
Joe

I stopped by my local pawn and gun today and they had Sierra Game King #2115 30 caliber 150 grain bullet FMJ on the shelf. Before I pick up a box to try, I wanted to ask if anyone has any experience with these as a deer round. I'm guessing they are more a varmint bullet. I did a search here but found very little.
Thanks
Joe
A very accurate bullet, depending on your velocity they may fragment. Try a box!

I had to do a double-take when I saw "Game King" & FMJ in the same description, but you had it right. It is definitely NOT a deer bullet! From Sierra's website:

Sierra .30 Caliber 150 Grain FMJBT GameKing Rifle Bullets

For rifles - this 150 grain #2115 Full Metal Jacket Boat Tail bullet is designed for semi-automatic types and it functions flawlessly in the M14/M1A M1 Garand and similar rifles. The cannelure is located to provide an overall length suitable for both the 308/7.62 NATO and the 30-06 cartridges. This 150 grain FMJBT bullet also is a good bullet at medium and low velocity for hunting game with valuable pelts to be preserved. In handguns this 150 grain #2115 FMJBT bullet is ideally suited to the hunter who requires a non-deforming bullet to minimize pelt damage. Velocity should be kept low and ranges must be correspondingly short to minimize damage to the pelt.

Thanks, I think I will try a box just for target and steel shooting. I had a feeling it was not a popular hunting bullet after searching here and found little.

Any full metal jacket bullets is prohibited in some states as a hunting round I have seen many kills in other countries with FMJ bullets some deer have ran a distant others not very far and the damage inside is alittle nasty but me personally wouldn't recommend them to be used on deer since I think the animal deserves alittle more respect on a fast kill

I was using game kings in my 7mm mag and they where spitzertip (lead) with a boat tail and the Sierra match kings FMJ boat tail but haven't bought either for some time