opinions on sierra game kings

Wildhog

anyone use these for hunting? wondering about there penetration and there terminal damage. Started reloading a few months and someone gave me a box of sierra gamekings and a box of remington accutips was thinking about trying them. are the accutips worth reloading? I would appreciate any input thanks

I have limited experience with the GK bullets but I found it easier to get accuracy with partitions over the GK bullets. I personally never had a problem with them and game but I've read on this site and others where hunters have had bizzare experiences with the Sierra bullets from completely fragmenting to nonexpansion or even slight deformation.

As to the accutips, we've had good luck with accuracy and penetration. A friend of mine used Accutips on some doe pronghorn and they worked very well. Personally, I prefer the Accutip over the Sierra.

In the past 7 days my two boys and I have killed 3 antelope and one Coues whitetail. All shots were with Sierra 85 grain 243 HPBT gamekings. The closest shot was 40 yards and the furthest was 643 yards. All the animals dropped in one shot right where they wer standing. None of them ran one step. So I say the Gamekings are good.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts