sierra ballistic program?

jayran

I am new to all the technology out there and my brother and i are getting into longrange shooting. Here's the question- purchased the sierra program and a chrono entered the data and field tested. It wasnt even close, no matter the data put in other than dropping muzzle velocity down from 3060 to2200 it wasnt close??? what could we be doing wrong, or is it the program???

What cartridge are you shooting, what bullet, what muzzle velocity did you get?

A ballistics soft ware program will only give out good information if you input good information

What do you mean by "we had all the data for it"? be more specific, how did you aquire your muzzle velocity, the humidity, the alltitude. was it sunny out or over cast? what BC did you use? We need a lot more info if we are to help with your problem

it was a sunny day, my gps for elevation, weather station at home for humitity and pressure, beta master chrono,nikon rangefinder for distance,the weird thing was that the program had the 115 berger in its bullet choice and didnt show bc. the only thing i guess could be the rangefinder?

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts