Shot my first boar a couple weeks back

Mrvmax

Over the last 12 years I have only been able to shoot sows, never got a boar until my last hunt. It was only at 40 yards, shot with my 6.5 PRC. The hunt was on state land so I was assigned a blind. The hogs usually come in right at dark, which is also the end of hunting hours for these hunts. It was not a clear shot, it was through brush, but it was my last chance of the day to take a shot. I shot it with my 6.5 PRC with the factory Hornady Precision Hunter ammo. He dropped where I shot him but I did not recover until the next day. It was already dark and he was in a high grass area with lots of hogs and I was alone so I chose not to find it until the next morning. It was warm so he was bloated already. The coyotes and buzzards will eat well off of it.

IMG_1635.jpeg

I do not have pics, but I shot a piglet with my Trijicon thermal at 150 yards. I am pretty sure I shot a sow too but it went into the grass and mosquitos were horrific so I chose not to track it. I was covered head to toe along with pyrethrin treated clothes and bug spray and mosquitos were still biting through clothing. The wildlife take care of the dead animals so nothing was wasted.

I never looked when I purchased it, but did not realize the Trijicon IR Hunter does not have recording capability. Disappointing in such an expensive thermal. I am trying to find an external device to record with but have been unsuccessful.