• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED shopping for 30-378 accumark

Idahohunter3

Gentleman and Ladies
I am shopping for a 30-378 weatherby accumark I would love your input on the rifle. I am going to be hunting deer, elk, bear, and wolfs with it. I have a 270 weatherby mag mark v deluxe but i want to shoot farther and have more knock down power. I hear that with the muzzle break the kick is similar to a .338. I also have a .338 Winchester but i have been doing a lot of research on the 30-378 and think i have fell in love. Thanks for your replies and listening to me ramble
Happy Hunting gun)

Arctic Shooting Supply in Pueblo Colorado, they have one in mint condition with brake and all. 1200 TYD. Look them up and give them a call.

Gentleman and Ladies
I am shopping for a 30-378 weatherby accumark I would love your input on the rifle. I am going to be hunting deer, elk, bear, and wolfs with it. I have a 270 weatherby mag mark v deluxe but i want to shoot farther and have more knock down power. I hear that with the muzzle break the kick is similar to a .338. I also have a .338 Winchester but i have been doing a lot of research on the 30-378 and think i have fell in love. Thanks for your replies and listening to me ramble
Happy Hunting gun)

im working right now with a weatherby accumark, from my personal point of view I would opt for a Remington .300RUM, your talking of almost the same, without those expensive cases $350 for 100!! also the Remy has a smoother
fedding system, you can add a jewell trigger by the way the weatherby accumark is the worst trigger ive found, and it kicks not like a .338 its more like
a .3006, the load i was using nosler accubond 180gr, h1000 100gr, weatherby cases and federal 215mag. I would buy a RUM.

im working right now with a weatherby accumark, from my personal point of view I would opt for a Remington .300RUM, your talking of almost the same, without those expensive cases $350 for 100!! also the Remy has a smoother
fedding system, you can add a jewell trigger by the way the weatherby accumark is the worst trigger ive found, and it kicks not like a .338 its more like
a .3006, the load i was using nosler accubond 180gr, h1000 100gr, weatherby cases and federal 215mag. I would buy a RUM.

note.- with the muzzlebreak

Lets just say for fun that money is no object, that i can afford the 120 dollar box of bullets I believe that the 30-378 is amazing (if its true the numbers they give this gun) And I have became such a weatherby fan hunting last year with my 270 wetherby mag. I just want to know is there a better long range rifle with the knock down power of the 30-378 thanks guysgun)

I agree with jowel, Buy the 300 rum in a sendero sfII or the old style sendero they weigh the same as the accumark, the brass is waaaaaayyyy cheaper, they burn less powder with about the same velocity, i think around 100-150 fps Depending on the rifle- load combo, and for the price of the weatherby rifle and the components to load for it i could live with a few less fps. And as for price arent the weatherbys going for around $1500-$1700 normaly (depending on were you look) for that price you could get a set up ultra,,,,i think i saw a 300 ultra sendero with leupold optics go for around 1700 with the load work up done ready to hunt on here last week. Just my 2 cents is all sure whatever you decide you'll enjoy the rifle. Good luck with the purchase

FYI if your looking for knock down power and money is no object, well there is nothing that compares to the big .338 cal rifles, the 338 EDGE, allen mag, 338 ultra, 338-378, 338 AXE etc. etc.

Lets just say for fun that money is no object, that i can afford the 120 dollar box of bullets I believe that the 30-378 is amazing (if its true the numbers they give this gun) And I have became such a weatherby fan hunting last year with my 270 wetherby mag. I just want to know is there a better long range rifle with the knock down power of the 30-378 thanks guysgun)

with that kind of money you could glass bed and free float barrel, add the jewell, buy the sendero, a lot of components. Normally weatherbys are not as accurate with the freebore they have, also the worst trigger from factory with no good replacement come in weatherbys. Weatherbys..... those made in germany.
and for knockdown power .338 all the way or even a .375 in the Rum mode or edge.lightbulb

Well that quote says it all, if a poor man AKA (a smart with his money man) can get the same ballistics as the weatherby for a quarter of the price, well thats a no brainer. For just the price of 100 rounds of weatherby brass, you can get a 100 rounds of RUM brass, dies, couple pounds of powder, several different boxes of bullets, and primers. Call any well known gunsmiths and ask why they dont build on weatherbys.

Well ignorance aside, I like weatherbys because of the bolt lift, i also think they are designed a lot better with the 9 lugs vs remingtons 2. They are smaller but 9 have to break to case complete failure vs remington having 2.

As to why gunsmiths dont work on them too often, well they shoot GREAT out of the box, Remington's get the most work because well they are not accurate.

I personaly like the Monte Carlo stock, and the action is smooth. The trigger could use some work but that is my only complaint.

And you can find them for around $1000 in the accumark version used. The one sitting in the shop by me is 1150 for non members 1100 for members (Plus Tax) and since the guy looking at it is a non member and has to have it shipped around 1200 is not a bad price.

I have a 30-378 in an Accumark and love it. Will shoot ragged hole groups all day and is plenty comfortable with the Accubrake. I shoot 210 Bergers loaded with 98 grains of H1000 as suggested by Broz. The load shoots so well, that I have not tried anything else (Thanks Jeff). All 5 of my Accumark's shoot awesome. IMHO they are the most accurate factory rifles out there and the Mark V action is very tought to beat.

that is a good price, And weatherby makes a great rifle, they can shoot dont get me wrong...roy weatherby's monte carlo stock design has influensed almost every stock maker to build a similar design and have it in there lign up, with that being said look at every world record set, every competition won week in week out, look at every custom action made....its based off of, and if not duplicated to exact specs of the old non accurate remington model 700, companys like Defiance, Stolle, BAT, Lawton, Nesika, Borden, And Stiller just to name a few, they have the brains and the machinery to build any action they can, even completely design one from scratch, but yet they build and design all there actions off of the the old 700 hmmmmmmmm.......and if you look in your nosler #5 (definitely not the gospel by any means) and just the one i grabbed first you will see that with 7828 and 200 gr bullets the RUM duplicates the weatherby and does it with less powder, and with h1000 same bullet weight its only 20fps slower with 9 gr. less powder, all im trying to get at is that the RUM does basicly what the weatherby does with less powder and throat erosion than the weatherby, all that and does it cheaper, and easier to find components, and in my eyes that means more bang for my buck, weatherby's are good rifles and for some people thats all they want and thats cool to each his own, but to haul off and say that remingtons arent accurate, ha ha i needed a good laugh today. Whatever Idahohunter3 chooses im sure it will be good investment, and again if your looking for shear knock down power that rivals the big 30's i highly recommend looking into the big .338's the bullets available with there high BC's are dam near unmatched.

If I was going to spend all the money to get one of the Weatherbys in the big 378 case, I would get the 338-378. It is at another level when it comes to knock down at any range you are capable of shooting. Your barrel life would also be longer in a 338 than a 30 cal.