• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Shipping to California

bigdumboy

I am thinking about trading a gun for a gun the gun will be going to California. What do I need to have in the way of documentation. I know it will have to be shipping from FFL to FFL but anything else. My original bill of sale I live in Pa. Any information will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Dirk A Kissinger

The FFLs will take care of most of the paperwork. WHoever you go through will let you know what they need. Typically, though, it's just your Driver's License and any other documentation required when buying a firearm in your area.

I just sold a rifle to a friend out of California, and all my FFL needed was the address of the receiving FFL and the cost of the shipping label. Other end needed my DL and phone number. That's it.

--TK

Many ffls in California will do out of state intake with non residents and a driver's license. Does not have to go through ffl on your end when shipped. However, weapon must be legal as of January 1 to own in california. Just include bill of sale with serial number

Many ffls in California will do out of state intake with non residents and a driver's license. Does not have to go through ffl on your end when shipped. However, weapon must be legal as of January 1 to own in california. Just include bill of sale with serial number
Now you have to get an import permit from the DOJ. FFL to FFL seems to be required now as well.

Depends a lot on the receiving side FFL. Contact the receiving FFL and ask them. Policies vary pretty wildly especially with the ever changing and tricky legal compliance issues. If you call the destination FFL and tell your FFL all the nitty gritty I'm sure both will appreciate it and you'll have a smooth transaction.

You'll need FFL to FFL, your DL, phone number, a bill of sale since California taxes the firearm sale, and you have to input your FFL info into their California data base. That was the last transaction I did with a California member about 6 months ago.

I hate it and want to stop all transactions to California, but that's not fair to the shooters there and only furthers California's anti gun agenda. We need to flood California with guns and increase their guns sales to stop them! :D

Just send them your COMMUNIST PARTY ID CARD and everything should be fine. A copy of your 2016 presidential ballot showing you voted for Hillary and a SELFIE WITH FIDEL CASTRO might help as well.:)

I've bought numerous rifles out of state and I live in California, any FFL can take shipments from private individual but most won't. All they need to send with the rifle was a clear copy of their Drivers License, and invoice so we can get tax'd lol

:D:D:D
Just send them your COMMUNIST PARTY ID CARD and everything should be fine. A copy of your 2016 presidential ballot showing you voted for Hillary and a SELFIE WITH FIDEL CASTRO might help as well.:)

That's good.