Shanelien - newbie intro

Shanelien

Hello Everyone,
I'm brand new to this forum, and wanted to introduce myself.

I'm a life long hunter & shooter, but very limited knowledge / experience with long range. Looking to change that now.

May be going on my 1st Elk hunt OCT 2018. All my 30 some years of rifle hunting experience is hunting Whitetails in the woods of NW Wisconsin at close range (ten to 150 yards).

I also spend a lot of time waterfowl and upland bird hunting, trap shooting, informal pistol leagues, and 3 Gun. I help coach an area high school trap team and am a RSO that helps put on 3 Gun Shoots at a local gun range.

Currently only reload for shotgun, but am starting to make hand loads for rifle.

I came across this forum researching calibers, reloading, gear, etc. for longer range hunting. Found so much good info from solid forum members I decided to join the fun.

I don't have much to offer for advice, but I will be learning a lot from you all. I tend to be a "lurker" on most forums, just gleaning info. But I like to join in discussions when I have something to add.

If I ask or say something stupid, please remember when it comes to long range shooting I'm uneducated. I can take criticism, so please feel free to help me advance with my education of the topics here.

Looking forward to learning and getting to know you all!

Shane

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.