sell my blued tikka and buy stainless?

Robster80

last year i bought a tikka t3 Hunter in 308win. kinda thinkin about selling it and just getting a t3 lite stainless in same caliber. i dont own any stainless rifles and im wanting one. i like the looks of the walnut and blued on my Hunter model but i feel it would be more practical to have a more weather resistant setup. i can get a tikka ss for a little under 600. should i go for it?

I like stainless more for hunting but that alone wouldn't make me sell a gun I already own/like. Something I tend to look for when buying a new one though.

In general blue is fine and holds up well. SS is nice though when you're in wet/sloppy for a few days.

doesnt cerakote cost at least a couple hundred or so? i feel i could probably get at least 500 for my rifle and i can get a stainless for just under 600. but willook into cerakote more

I had my last custom build cerakoted for $150. I think that is the best way to go. I would not bet on getting $500 for the rifle. I have had several Tikka's and it has been hard to get that out of a blued model since you can buy them new for around that. But this is just my 2 cents. The stainless models are nice as well.

You could always have it rebarrled ,same caliber or different and then sell your existing
Bbl. and go stainless ,I have 2 rifles I have done that with and I like the change, I have a 22-250 Sako with a Shilen stainless bbl and a 260 rem700 with a stainless bbl .and I am gonna put a stainless 6.5-06 Shilen Bbl on a 25-06 that I have ,just like the color change on the rifles ,kinda sets them apart.
When you are hunting you can put the camo tape on them to cut the shine or have them sandblasted also and there are lots of good barrels out there but I only live 20 miles from the Shilen shop and I know have known the owner for years and their barrels have been awesome for me ,so I won t use any others
Navarro1

im considering just having the barrel cerakoted with a brushed stainless color. i can use dynabore coat inside the barrel. i like the way the Hunter model looks with the stainless barre

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.