• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Sell me your ACCURATE deer rifle

You can believe that if wish but x-bolts do not compare with Coopers

I don't think he said they did. Both my X-bolts do, however shoot 1/2 moa and less consistently with multiple loads. The two I had prior were very good shooters also. They are a quality rifle... a step or two above many factory offerings and most models are less than half the price of a Cooper.
Coopers are nice, but not the only nice rifle out there, unless you are the proud owner of one... then everybody knows the owner's favorite rifle at the time is the best rifle made! 😁 Goes for a lot of owners/rifles, lol.

I know there a lot of Savage haters in these parts. But, I suggest you check out the Model 110 Ultralite. It has a Proof Research carbon-wrapped barrel, blueprinted action, is light and shot 1/2"- 3/4" out of the box with factory ELD-X ammo for my 6.5 PRC. Has adjustable LOP & Cheek. Won't win a lot of beauty contests, but that has never been my goal in the woods.

Would love agree with him, but can't. Got a few that shoot that good and have not yet been in a situation where I needed 1/2 MOA absolutely. I live in Utah with mountains and winds; lot of wind. Not to mention the obvious; if you had a 1/2 moa rifle in your hands, could YOU shoot moa from field position(s)?

IMHO, nobody can shoot 1/2 moa in the field. Too many variables. All the outfitters I know have one rule: "you can never be too close."