Second choice location for pronghorn?

BGL

I will apply for a WY antelope license again this year but my experience is it takes a few years to get enough points to hunt where I want. I am looking for a second state to apply. Trophy not necessary, not even a buck. What state and where could someone either buy an OTC or have a very high draw rate for antelope? I am more than happy to work to get my shot, as long as there are a few goats to hunt and land to hunt. I tried eastern CO a few years ago and it was a total bust. I saw 3 hunters for every goat. Even better if I could mix in some trout fishing or pheasant hunting.

Why not just apply for a hard to draw unit for your first choice and put down a second choice that is easy to draw while buying another PP this year. You only lose your PPs if you draw your first choice in Wyoming and you can go hunting this year until you get enough PPs built up to draw the unit you want as a first choice. Either do that or if the unit you want to hunt has doe tags available either put in for them in the draw or buy leftovers if there are any there or near there.

Good strategy and that is what I would do if it was up to me. I go with 2 others who have been doing this for years so I feel I am more of a guest. It is their party so I do as they do. Great guys to hunt with and good friends, but I do question their logic at times.

I think their approach is to go where they want to go, or don't go at all.

I am from Utah & they have buck & doe hunts. Maybe check that out. Also lots of trout!
What part of WY are you wanting to hunt? I have a good friend there that really knows antelope.
Call me @ 208-716-2432 & I will see if I can help you.
Thanks, Kirk

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.