Scope Question

eyeballjr

Im shooting a 300 RUM with a holland brake. My delima is this. Im wanting a Night Force scope 5.5 X 22. Just from reading im pretty sure it is a supiorior scope. The delima is $$$$$$ I can get a VX-III 6.5-20x50mm for several hundered cheaper. The more i save the more i get to shoot. Will the vx-III hold up to the recoil with a brake. I know they have a life time waranty, but i dont want to have to send one in every couple of months either. I will have a Night Force some day, just when more funds become availible. My main objective right now is to get a scope on the gun and get it in the woods. Im pretty new to all of this and really dont plan on taking any shots out past 500 yards at this time. So would i be OK with the vx-III or should i wait the extra 4 or 5 months and sacrafice all of the fun shooting i would be able to do this spring.

You won't be dissapointed with a 8.5-25x50 Leupold. I don't have any 20 powers. It's not a Nightforce but for the money difference you can't go wrong with a Leupold. Just my opinion.

Mike

While you are correct in your assumption that the NF is a superior scope, there is absolutly nothing wrong w/the Leupy. It will take whatever your RUM can dish out. All of the VXIII scopes that I have had were great. Good, repeatable adjustments and good glass as well.

I will suggest the 8.5-25x50mm though. Longer eye relief and they seem to be less criticle to eye position than the 6.5-20x50mm.

Shoot me an email or a PM and I'll get you a price tomorrow on the scope you want.

Night force is the best in my opinion bar none. I haven't dealt with a leupold that I like but I haven't dealt with any of the ones mentioned. We have an older 3-9 on a 416weatherby and its clear and holds up but the rest I have dealt with are junk in my opinion. Of course the only thing I really compare them to is the NXS. I have the cheapo tasco runner for 22lr etc then I have my night forces. Have dealt with a few leupolds of my dads and I'm not real fond of them. Have dealt with 1 Nikon and the glass was clear but I didn't have enough time to get an opinion on it.

Eyeballjr
Lots of longrange work is done with the 8.5x25x50 loupy
lots of old timers swear by this scope!
You don't have to brake the bank to enjoy the sport!
almost any scope will get you to 500 yards!
You might watch for a used one also!

CAM

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts